Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Can you help?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Some stupid fcuks have been into my hotmail and changed my secret question and password so i can't get into my hotmail and i can't get into my msn messenger which is very annoying. It's strange that it seems to have happened the day them people that were giving me loads of abuse have re-registered. I can't see how they knew the answer to my secret question or my password. Is there anything i can do about it?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    People can hack into hotmail accounts too easy i think. Not sure what you can do, try emailing hotmail?

Thats crap, hope you get it sorted.
    You can contact hotmail and inform them although it's a very long process as they have thousands of requests per day (if not more)...Also you will to provide un-questionable proof the account belongs to you..

I *might* be able to help you out a little, what address are you trying to sort? You can give it to me via Private message if you don't want it being made public..

Cheers,
    -Phil.
    Send an email to their support peeps. Something similar happened to me before and they reset everything for me, all I had to tell them was the names of any folders that I had in my account, some names in my address book, my date of birth and my postcode.

Hope you get it sorted :)
    Cool, it's kind of sorted now. I'm just waiting to hear from the hotmail peoples! Also I'm going to report these people to the college so that they get kicked out.
    I thought you were kicked of your course?
    But I'm doing another one aswell.
    Originally posted by jellygirl
    Cool, it's kind of sorted now. I'm just waiting to hear from the hotmail peoples!

heard anythin yet?
    no one can hack into mine my secret Q is to hard :D
    Originally posted by vodka babe
    no one can hack into mine my secret Q is to hard :D

i like ur av. :)
    I got it sorted out but i can't change my secret Q. :( And they changed my secret Q. When i go to change it, it says temporarily unavailable but its been doing it all night. Grrrrrrr! :mad: Guess what they did though thats got me so angry? They sent a nasty e mail to my friends AND my family, how wrong is that?! So i had to send them all an e mail saying sorry, it was hackers but i gave them my other e mail address until i get this one sorted. They are so wrong for doing this to me and joining this site aswell.
    You wont get them kicked out of college.
    Originally posted by eddr
    You wont get them kicked out of college.

and even if you could, do you *really* think that changing things on your hotmail is worthy of being kicked out? thats real mean. i would say things, but i'm in a nice mood today
    Isn't it illegal to hack onto other peoples e mail addresses?
    TBH its not serious enough compared to some of the things that go on and do get stuff done about them.

Nothing will happen, and your college dont have anything to do with it.
    Oh ok my_name. It was perfectly ok to send abusive e mails to my family and friends pretending it was me, it is fine for them to come on the site and give me abuse and oh my god, it is so ok for them to delete all my contacts and all my important e mails. Yeah they are angels. It isn't like this is harrassment or anything is it my_name? You would put up with it would you?
    no, i'd just get a new e-mail and forget about it.
    And btw they are using the college computers to do this so i think they will have something to do with it. Either that or my dad and some of my friends will.... I love the way people stand up for these pricks.
    can i just ask..? well i will anyways so that bit was pointless.

anyways, why do u always bring ur shit to the boards knowing these poeple read them?

i mean fair play but u moan about them being here and watching an stuff but u still post about it, ur playing into their hands if u ask me...but u never so i'll shush now.
    I can't get a new hotmail account cos whenever i try it says something about my cookies are disabled. I tried to enable them but it wont work so i cant get a new account. Also some of my friends think i hate them and i havent got anyones e mail addresses anymore except my msn contacts.
    *They* are the ones that start on me on this board not me. I'm not gonna stop posting my problems just cos they happen to start coming here. *Thats* what they want. They are trying to get everyone against me. I wasnt the one that introduced them to here.
    yawn.
    I know it wouldn't worry you lot in the least if all this happened to you. This has been one of the worst weeks in my life and now these fcuks have done this to my hotmail. But anyway don't bother replying to this thread anymore. I'm not gonna let them people that you lot think are great get me banned.
    But anyway don't bother replying to this thread anymore.

ok..
    I know it wouldn't worry you lot in the least if all this happened to you. This has been one of the worst weeks in my life and now these fcuks have done this to my hotmail. But anyway don't bother replying to this thread anymore. I'm not gonna let them people that you lot think are great get me banned.

Does anyone think they're great?
    The mods certainly don't, because they seem to close every thread that they post on.

Learn to spell "fuck".

As far as your hotmail account goes, that sucks.
    But, last I heard, it may be nasty, but isn't a crime to know someone elses password.
    Or guess their secret question.

Choose a hard password (upper and lower case letters, and numbers). Keep it a secret.
    And make the secret question harder, if it allows you to.
    I've not used hotmail for ages, so no idea how it works.
    But if you get free choice of questions, make it obscure.

Just don't forget the password.
    Was trying to be respectful by not actually swearing cos my dad noses around in here. I do actually know how to spell it you know. Anyway isn't it usually DJP that has an obsession with spelling?
    Anyway isn't it usually DJP that has an obsession with spelling?

Grammar as well.
    But, anyway, "fcuk" just looks stupid.

Did you get hotmail working again?
    Sort of but i can change the secret Q so they will be able to get on it that way but i've warned all my friends now and i'm getting it sorted with one of my friends at college.
    I have asked my mates, and they have not taped into your email system! Please dont try and blame it on them!! Is it not anought that you force me to quit college, please dont try to get my friends kicked out!! I beg you! you may hate me for reassons unknown! but please dont think I would ever get anyone to fight my battles! so please stop bad mouthing them!! just leave us alone! and pick on someone else!:( :lol::( :rolleyes: :lol: :eek:
    sounds to me like you should get this sorted out in person instead of hiding behind the net
    It seems to me that you all need to settle down and grow up. If you can't get on with one another then please don't even respond to each other, and stop writing about someone else on these boards. It doesn't matter who was here first, everyone is entitled to ask for help etc.

Jellygirl - you know they frequent these boards and therefore you are antagonising them and worsening the situation every single time you refer to them.

It seems to me that something has gone on that we are not aware off, but from what I have read it seems both parties wish to appear the 'wounded' one. Someone must have started it, but what matters now is who finishes it. Stop it and grow up. Nobody is innocent in all of this, you're all as childish as each other, that includes you shadowangel.