Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Aussie 3:1 England

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

C'mon, spit out your excuses then start looking for a new manager.

We outclassed 22 Poms. It's a great day for Aussie football.

*gloats*
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Perhaps we should have taken the example from your cricket team and drugged our players...

:p

BTW No excuses, we were crap, I sometimes wonder if the England players actually want to play for their team. They certainly don't seem to put in the effort that they do for their clubs.

Except Michael Owen of course, he can't score for either.

*remembers comments about Kewell and scoring in brothel*

*eats humble pie*
  • Options
    We were shite!

Gary Neville, Frank Lampard, Fanny Jeffers, Dyer, James and Ferdinand should never wear an England Shirt again.

The only people who put a little effort in were Beckham, King, Jenas and Vassell.

It was an embarrassment to watch and I was disgusted but such a lacklustered performance.:mad:
  • Options
    Did you see how many Australians made it to the game?

I bet many London pubs had to close yesterday for lack of staff... :D
  • Options
    Its a friendly, people, who cares?
  • Options
    Any sport versus Australia should NEVER be considered a friendly. :mad:

Our players need all the motivation they can get on international level, winning games likes that one goes a long way to building it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Dan the Man
    Its a friendly, people, who cares?

So why play it at all?

I have every belief that we need to try out a few new players, but yesterday was a farce.

Come on people, you're supposed to be representing your country. Ian Botham once said that he couldn't understand why the cricket team had motivation problem, surely international level should be motivation enough. I agree with that sentiment.
  • Options
    I'm sure Lichtenstien will be quaking in their boots now :p

You English should take positives from the game. At least you were crap in the first half and improved (slightly) in the second, as opposed to the World Cup when you tired as the games went on.

Admittedly it's clutching at straws, but positives are positives ;):p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Brian Kitten
    as opposed to the World Cup

WOW! A Scotmans talking about the world cup :lol:
  • Options
    Most of those players are engaged in fierce competition in the domestic competitions and Europe is about to start up again. Erikkson was under pressure from the club managers, everyone knew he was going to play two teams, they hadn't played together for ages and we were playing opponenets we are expected to beat.

All those excuses combined makes 1 - 3 look pretty good!

:rolleyes: :(
  • Options
    The only question I have is why the hell were we playing the game in the first place, it was quite obvious from the moment Sven announced he was to play two teams that the game wasn't been taken seriously. The first half team were going through the motions, primarily to protect themselves from injury and secondly they were safe in the knowledge at half time they would be coming off and whatever effort they put in would be largely irrelevant.

I have to say well done to the Aussies, its difficult not to look like sore losers, but I was neither disappointed nor annoyed at the performance or defeat, they trated it like a competitive match which they wanted to win, we treated it as an elaborate training exercise and the result didn't seem to matter, the result was inevitable with that in mind.

The main positive for me was seeing Jenas, the first of several quality players who will come through our youth system and go on to achieve great things, to see all the things which are taught as standard in our acadamy been used to great effect at international level filled me with joy :) As the song used to go We're off to see the wizard, the wonderful Jenas of Notts, because, because, becuase, becuase, because, because of the wonderful things he does :)
  • Options
    Its a shame none of your youth academy players don't actually stay with you......:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Toadborg
    Its a shame none of your youth academy players don't actually stay with you......:p

So f'ing true :( I live with a Crewe fan and it was a great source of amusment how he took so much pleasure watching people like Murphy playing for L'pool, he left you, he moved onto bigger and better things I would snigger. But now I understand how he felt, we've had promising young players jump ship before, Keane for example and they all became figures of dislike (hate is a bit strong), but for some reason the current crop have really caught my affection, I'd love them all to achieve great things, Jenas wasn't a Newcastle player on wednesday, he was one of our kids doing well for himself, same applies for Prutton and Dawson when he leaves :)

Another thing, Jenas effectively saved Nottingham Forest football club from extinction, he still trains with the team on occasions and has travelled on the team coach to and from away games on a couple of occasions this season, he's a forest fan, from Nottingham and for those reasons will forever be cherished by Forest fans :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cheezie Grin
    WOW! A Scotmans talking about the world cup :lol:

I think the difference between us Scots and the English is we know we're fucking shite. Every game we play we expect to lose so when we win it's great. The English believe that they are the best team in the world and expect to win everything but in the cold light of the day (or after an embarresing defeat you aren't the best.

I think that Brazil, Argentina, France (Forget the World Cup fuckup :p) are better than the English. I also think that Spain, Portugal and maybe the Italians can give you a run for you money.

Wake up and smell the coffee. England will never be world beaters. '66 was a fluke and a mistake.
  • Options
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster

'66 was a mistake.

:confused: Yeah, how could we be so stupid ? :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by ebb
    :confused: Yeah, how could we be so stupid ? :confused:
    Sorry mistake was the wrong choice of words. Accident would have been better :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    England will never be world beaters. '66 was a fluke and a mistake.

Ah, the sound of a whining scotsman.

We've won the World Cup, you haven't (or even got to the Second Stage)
    Get over it.

God knows we won't ;)