Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Eyes??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
In the day time my eyes are fine but when it comes to night time and the lights are on every thing seems so much more brighter!! Theres no pain there when I look at the lights but it's like sum1s turned up the contrast?? :confused:

Comments

• Options
    you've been eating too many carrots??

sorry mate, i don't know
  • Options
    Not sure about the eyes thing (sorry), but the link in your sig doesnt work. Think you missed off the 'e' in late.
  • Options
    Originally posted by KoolCat
    you've been eating too many carrots??

:lol:
  • Options
    Glad sum1 thinks it's funny.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    i know what you mean. sometimes i hear normal, which is great. but if im tired, my hearing will go through the roof and its porper like being at a party where everyone is talking so loud you cant distinguish between your own and other peoples conversations. it makes me feel nauseas.

not exactly the same as the eye thing but it is related to weird senses. maybe see a doctor about it? if you are tired it might seem like that anyway cos ur eyes are straining i think....
  • Options
    Re: Eyes??
    Originally posted by Jay-O
    In the day time my eyes are fine but when it comes to night time and the lights are on every thing seems so much more brighter!! Theres no pain there when I look at the lights but it's like sum1s turned up the contrast?? :confused:

My ex had the same thing happening to him, he went to the doc, got some pills and no he's fine, it was some kinda virus, it stays in your body for ages, but the eyes are the only sympton.

I'm not sure if that helps at all, but it's all i can think of

Kally:p
  • Options
    Pop in and see your optician or GP, I know there's no pain but you should always get your eyes checked out of they're being a bit weird!!!

S :)
  • Options
    I had a virus which I was REALLY ill with in the beginning of summer and I ain't felt right eva since. I have seen my Doctor many of times but they just give so many answers. A couple did say it's post virus syndrome or summit...Any ways I'll get it checked out soon.
  • Options
    hope your eyes get better soon!!!:D
  • Options
    Hehe..Me too! :D
  • Options
    i'd get your eyes tested.

everytime i've been to the doctors with some sort of eye complaint they have always told me to comen back after i've had an eye test.

maybe my doctor is just lazy.
  • Options
    Originally posted by legal junkie
    maybe my doctor is just lazy.

:lol::lol::lol:

Mine doesn't even listen, i went in to get some antibiotics and he filled me out an anti-depressive perscription!
    But he is very sweet!

:D
  • Options
    my doctor dont spend enough time with me. i sit down, say i have a rash and he prescribes some E-40 cream or something. everytime. does he realise my skin burns when it touches E-40. ah well baby lotions all the way for me :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Susie
    Pop in and see your optician or GP

Whilst I agree with most of what you said here Susie, can I just suggest that you don't go to your GP with this problem, but actually go to an expert. Do you go to a GP with toothache, or do you go to a dentist?

GPs spend as little as six months training related to eye disease and so can easily miss something important. A recent survey said that 10% admitted to knowing "little or nothing" about eyes, and a large number said the "eyes scare me".

An Optometrist is your best option here. You might find one in your local Specsavers, (or other retail outlet), but do make sure that you see an Optometrist and not just an optician, there is a difference - the latter being more about the dispensing of glasses.
  • Options
    I stand corrected :p

well sit actually ...