Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I want to die

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I want to die so badly, but theres something stopping me, i do want to die but i dont, im confused

stepster

Comments

• Options
    Any specific problems we can help with?

Why do wish to die?

Maybe a seeing a doctor would be best.

Good luck :)
  • Options
    everyone hates me, as somthing that happened awhile ago has been takin out of contents, if i wasnt here everting would be fine x
  • Options
    ever seen a chirstmas carol?

sure, you may think that it doesn't have much relevance, but in there it shows how scrooge's life affected so many people.

it shows that everybodies life affects many people, including yours. think if you were gone, how many people would be affected (i think i've said affected far to many times...)

but anyway, things get better, i know thats so cliche, everybody always says it, but its true. one thing is to find the best in everything. for example, if you spend your nights sitting in a friends appartment staring at walls, you could find that depressing and a sign that you have no life, or you could look at it as what a great friend you have, and how fun it acutally is, thats why you do it, deep inside.

also help is a good thing to get. the psychs, they can help you figure out whats up, and help you change it. sometimes, it may not even be a real problem, just simple chemical imbalances and they can help with that.

jsut remember that its not worth it to die. theres too many reasons to live.
  • Options
    We have a useful article here:

http://www.thesite.org/info/health/depression/feeling_suicidal.html

Best thing to do is to talk it through with someone impartial, like the Samaritans: 08457 909090
  • Options
    You can email the samaritans too jo@samaritans.org, maybe if you elaborate more on the problem?
    :)xxx
  • Options
    Re: I want to die
    Originally posted by stepster
    I want to die so badly, but theres something stopping me, i do want to die but i dont, im confused

stepster

I know the feeling very well, i was diagnosed with BPD among other things, and yeah i know what u mean, maybe you should get yourself checked out as you may be suffering from a similar disorder, perhaps manic depression or the like

Kally :(
  • Options
    I think it would be a great idea for you to go see a doctor, psychiatrist, or a psychologist because they will be able to better diagnose you, but I have been diagnosed with BPD November of last year and I think that you may have a few of those traits, but maybe not a person with the full traits of BPD, but you could possibly have some other kind of disease that could possibly be making you feel this way. I would suggest going to see a doctor, a psychiatrist, or a psychologist as soon as possible.
  • Options
    Just wondering what are the full traits of BPD?
    xxx
  • Options
    BPD is usually characterised by cyles of mania (like hyperactivity) and depression, one of which may dominate the other.

Delusions of grandeur or wealth may accompany mania, whereas the depression is often accompanied by feelings of persecution and guilt.

This accounts for about 10% of all cases of depression and is often treated with lithium carbonate.

sorry to sound like a textbook - all my own words tho
  • Options
    BPD is normally diagnosed along with a drug and/or alcohol addiction. Also the majority of BPD sufferers are very into self harm, they often think about suicide but very few try to commit.
  • Options
    Some signs of BPD is suicide tendencies, self-harm, mood swings, depression, menipalutive behavior, lack of sexual desire, premiscuious, clinging, etc., etc. They're a lot more but can't think of all of them off the top of my head.
    I have been diagnosed as having BPD and I am a member of this chatroom called Bordering Angels and everyone within that community is very helpful and they might be able to help you in someways, but I forget the address for it, but you have to have the manager approve you though before you can join.
  • Options
    OK enough of trying to diagnose each other - traits of BPD can also indicate a whole manner of disorders or simply a bad day/ week. If you are worried about your mental health go and see your GP or call
    Mind
    For users of mental health services, their carers, professionals and the public.
    Telephone: 08457 660163

We also have stacks of info in our mental health

special

Including personality disorders

case study: self harm and BPD

Susie :)