Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Poppers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just a quick question,
If i take poppers into a club to use myself, and I get searched on the door, can the bouncers take them off me and throw me out. Or does is just depend on the bouncers?

Comments

• Options
    Don't quote me on it, but I think that they can't take them off you because they're not an illegal substance, and you can buy them quite easily, but I suppose it all depends on the clubs policies and obviously how harsh the bouncers are. Even if they do catch you, there's nothing they can do, the worst would be no entry I think.
  • Options
    Technically the clubs can't do anything, but some clubs don't want anything other than alcohol consumed inside. they can't arrest you or anything, but I'd imagine some places would take them off you or not let you in.

Serves you right for doing poppers though :p
  • Options
    Bouncers can do whatever the hell they like, I mean if they really take a dislike to you then you may well get a kicking. Door security in London especialy is run by some very heavy people, however most of them are alright unless you piss them off.

I would say that they are completely within their rights to tell you that you are not allowed in the club with poppers, they are allowed to refuse you for whatever reason they fancy.

Some clubs will allow it but I guess most wouldnt.

Mixing poppers with high levels of other drugs can be quite dangerous, you could quite easily pass out. I've never quite seen the point, if I wanted to feel light headed I'd just stand up really quickly.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda

Mixing poppers with high levels of other drugs can be quite dangerous, you could quite easily pass out. I've never quite seen the point, if I wanted to feel light headed I'd just stand up really quickly.

Seen a few people pass out on them, but if your on pills and you have a sniff that intense feeling in your head is fucking amazing.
  • Options
    poppers are dirty.

sorry.. lol
  • Options
    Pass out? Never seen it myself.

Not saying you can't obviously, just me and a few mates love to do combos and see what's the nicest and poppers on anything is lovely!

I sit there sniffing for like 3 minutes straight then just let the feelings flow lol.

Didn't know that though..better watch out.

Is it just temporary fainting or hospital jobbie?
  • Options
    Just a temporary collapse. I've only seen it when people have been off their heads on pills, had a nice long sniff of poppers and then they made the mistake of trying to stand up. Big mistake, big head rush, then collapse on the floor. Quite funny though, not a hospital job.
  • Options
    The use of poppers you are describing may well be classified as illegal, they arent supposed to be sniffed, they're sold as 'room odorisers' arent they?

The reason that you feel light headed and may well pass out is that they open your blood vesels, they were first pescribed for angina, and basicaly thats what they are for.
  • Options
    'Room Oderisors' is what they call them so thay can be sold in the shops but can you imagine if you went home with a bottle and filled up your mums lovely oil burner on the fireplace with poppers and lit the candle underneath. Fuck me, there would be some seriously fucked up family heads in that room :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lickalotapuss
    Just a temporary collapse. I've only seen it when people have been off their heads on pills, had a nice long sniff of poppers and then they made the mistake of trying to stand up. Big mistake, big head rush, then collapse on the floor. Quite funny though, not a hospital job.

See I never try to stand up..;)

I just make some feeble attempt to put a good song with the remote, make some funny noises and hand actions and lie down, I then start rubbing my feet to the beat. hehe. Sorted :D
  • Options
    hmm ive never taken them sitting actualy 1nce and i fell down a set of stairs :p

best time is lunch at skoll you come back all giddy and giggly everything is the wrong clour and everything is redicuosly funni

only draw back is if people see you taking them they scream "ohh gay boy/girl there sniffing the gay drug"
  • Options
    I really dont want to get started on why you shouldnt be doing drugs of any kind in school, I really dont have the energy.
  • Options
    Originally posted by koby

only draw back is if people see you taking them they scream "ohh gay boy/girl there sniffing the gay drug" [/B]

Its not a Gay drug.

Does it say on the bottle "For Poofs only" - there are quite a few gay people who'd never put their noses near a bottle of the stuff.

There are some types that indulge but thats the same for anyone gay or straight.

Don't be so immature. Or Homophobic.
  • Options
    Originally posted by JonBoi
    Its not a Gay drug.

Does it say on the bottle "For Poofs only" - there are quite a few gay people who'd never put their noses near a bottle of the stuff.

There are some types that indulge but thats the same for anyone gay or straight.

Don't be so immature. Or Homophobic.

Its called a gay drug because a lot of gays use it cos when you sniff it it relaxes your arsehole and that makes it easier for gays to have sex.
  • Options
    and your point is???

At lot of hetros use pills and weed etc...

doesn't make it a "straight" drug
  • Options
    My point is, PEOPLE not me call it a gay drug because its used in the gay community to help sex, thats all. I'm not gay nor am I homophobic but you can't change the fact that people call it a drug for gays.
  • Options
    True. I was just stirring up a bit of debate :p

And poppers are stinky things anyway! All you get's a thumping sore head for 2 mins. If you want something like that just go out and get really pissed. You'll have a thumping head the entire next day! :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lickalotapuss
    but you can't change the fact that people call it a drug for gays.

Read the bottle, they are meant to be Room Odorisors actually. i dont even think they can be classed as drugs really.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I really dont want to get started on why you shouldnt be doing drugs of any kind in school, I really dont have the energy.

Well said by the way, i missed that comment :) just seen it now
  • Options
    Not condoning drug use in school, but I'd rather he was doing poppers with a 2 minute effect rather than getting stoned like we used. Was really stupid :(

And I don't know what poppers you got that make things change colour etc but can I have some? :rolleyes:

And they don't just relax your arsehole lol, the nitires relax all muscle tissue, I hate all those rumours. When I used to take them I got really paranoid my ass was going all loose or something. hehe

Phil.
  • Options
    Originally posted by CheeseOnToast

And they don't just relax your arsehole lol, the nitires relax all muscle tissue, I hate all those rumours. When I used to take them I got really paranoid my ass was going all loose or something. hehe

Phil.

Hehe i'd worry about the company you keep young man!
  • Options
    The bouncers at Passion in Coalville (if u know it!) take 'em off u - if they're in a grotty mood - but let u have them back at the end of the night.
    Their reason being they're flammable... :lol: