Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Is it going anywhere?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been with my boyfriend for just over 3 months now! And it doesnt seem to be going anywhere, we don't really have any common ground! And only seem to really talk when we're with other mates, but when its just the two of us- we don't talk! I've told him bout how i feel, but i feel guilty- he tells me he doesn't want to lose me as he loves me to much!! But there are times when the relationship is great, but more often its not!! I don't want to lose him, but don't see what the point is in us staying together !! Please help!! I need advice!:confused:

Comments

• Options
    but i feel guilty- he tells me he doesn't want to lose me as he loves me to much!!

Alarm bells kinda started ringing for me there. Don't stay with someone just because you feel you have to. Emotional blackmail is a very powerful weapon. I learnt that the hard way.

But on the other hand opposites do attract. Do you just find it difficult to talk because you don't seem to share any common interests? Sometimes the fun part of relationships is finding the common ground.

You really have to go with what your heart tells you. I could advise you till I'm blue in the face, but only you can really make the decision to stay, or call it a day.
  • Options
    Hiya! I feel like I'm in exactly the same position as u. Me and my bf have been together for 4 1/2 months but I don't feel like its going anywhere cos of nothing in common, etc. I also know how u feel with not wanting to break up with him for fear of hurting him, but to b honest it'll b easier on u both if u break up with him sooner rather than later. That way u'll b causing the minimum hurt for both of u. If u continue with something that u dont wanna b in, u'll end up making urself feel bad, and eventually he'll realise that ur not happy in the relationship.

I know in my case that I'm planning to break up with my bf, but in the end it is ur choice.

Hope this helped a little, pm me if u wanna chat or whatever. Good luck!!!!:wave: