Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Psychological Disorder(s) - Schizotypal/Obsessive Compulsive?!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Its been said that i display high examples of obsessive compulsive behavior and very high examples of schizotypal behavior along with schizophrenik behavior, I have not been to talk to anyone because i feel that if i cant explain what i think is wrong to myself then how am i going to explain to someone else.

Ill try - I get a feeling of blankness, i feel like i have the mind of what i would expect a mind to be like for someone with psychiatric problems and noticed that i get a kind of de ja vu when looking at a bouncing ball on a screen (not in real life)

- I dont know what this means but i dunno what to do

I have alot of trouble sleeping but some people say im just "out of sync" and need a good nights sleep, on occasions i have this re-occuring dream, not always exactly the same but with the same finishing. The other day i dreamed i was on a push scooter going down a hill, i couldnt stop and was getting faster, i then felt the scooter shaking beginning to get out of control with the speed (this was one of those dreams where you wake up sweating and shocked and kinda shout lifting yourself up). Another one i had like this was when i was falling, its the same feeling and i get a numbness when i sleep.

Ive always been interested in psychology and wanted to take it as a career when i finished my courses

I forget an amazing amount and take life too non-serious compared too others. I prefer being on my own but dont mind being with people. Sometimes i get angry/sad and lie on the floor, i never hit things.

I dont talk to people about it cus i dont wanna, i think that people without extensive knowledge on the subject cannot help me and I consider it embarassing to be talking about it now. I had a bad childhood but insist what i think are problems have nothing to do with it and im pretty sure they havent.

I often lose track of things, right now i cant remember why i started writing this (i get alot of situations like that)

Advice plz?!

Comments

• Options
    personality disorders - not sure how accurate you will jhave to find out. in the meantime i got many many psych disorers.

http://www.4degreez.com/misc/personality_disorder_test.mv that is my livejournal - if you scroll down a bit you will see how messed up i am. ;p or not

i dont take it too seriously. you have to realise that the only reason you dont think along the same wavelength as people is because you are better than them :D

except laura :impissed:

cos she is just tha best :D
  • Options
    lol, that test is cool - but i dont think it helps me:

I am regularly having a mind problem which stops me from thinking and makes me feel unstable, it is the sort of way ive always imagined the mind of someone suffering from psychosis - thats the only way i can describe it.

Sometimes I hear people shouting me, not like scary crap you see in films, just somethin as normal as my name bein called by a familier voice and i reply to noone - still, u gotta laugh aint ya :D

Tom
  • Options
    Just a thought but have you or your family any history of epilepsy? Mild epileptic fits can be felt as a de ja vu feeling, possible disorientation and feeling hot afterwards, they can be triggered by the flashing of a screen that is invisible to the naked eye.
    Also epileptics have problems with schizophrenik behaviour, especially if their epilepsy isnt treated.
    If you havent spoken to your GP about how you feel I would really recommend that you do, these self tests are only a rough idea and if you truly feel that you may have a mental health problem you should seek medical advise.
  • Options
    No epilepsy or anythin, my family have been quite lucky with stuff like that, the only series of incidence are those of my gr8 grandmother who had several heart attacks, asthma, angina and is now suffering from later stages of altzheimer disease... always happen to those who dont deserve it dont it :rolleyes:

About the doctor, im not sure at what age it becomes 100% confidential but i dun wanna talk to him with anyone there, i dont wanna tlk to him cus itll be the same ol shit again. Weird stuff tho.

Tom
  • Options
    Re: Psychological Disorder(s) - Schizotypal/Obsessive Compulsive?!
    Originally posted by MoonWalkingsFun
    Its been said that i display high examples of obsessive compulsive behavior and very high examples of schizotypal behavior along with schizophrenik behavior

Who said this? If it was an online test, don't trust the results! We often get people coming on here panicking because some test told them they had a personality disorder or said they were mentally ill, even though they were probably fine really. Those tests upset people very bady, and for no good reason.

You have to see a doctor for a proper assessment if you think there's a problem.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Psychological Disorder(s) - Schizotypal/Obsessive Compulsive?!
    Originally posted by Karla

Who said this? If it was an online test, don't trust the results! We often get people coming on here panicking because some test told them they had a personality disorder or said they were mentally ill, even though they were probably fine really. Those tests upset people very bady, and for no good reason.

You have to see a doctor for a proper assessment if you think there's a problem.

I dont trust man made machines as a rule :D - Im supposed to be seein someone soon anyway. God knows if itll do any good.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kally
    I suggest going to you closest womens clinic, the have councellors and other people to help you out. I had a few people telling me that i was a psyco bitch and took it to heart and went to one. Turns out i was manic depressive and if that's not bad enought, i have borderline personality disorder.
    But it's not that bad, they help you keep everything - or nearly everything - under your control.
    i'm not 'cured' but i'm a lot better than i felt beforehand.:nervous:

lol, thnx, i might do that - but i dun think itll be a womens clinic i go to unless they openly welcome men :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by MoonWalkingsFun

lol, thnx, i might do that - but i dun think itll be a womens clinic i go to unless they openly welcome men :lol:

:blush: