Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

skin problem

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey everyone. I was just wondering if anyone could help me with my current plight. In the past couple of months i've had two really bad spots/boils (not sure what they are, possiby even abcesses) which have got infected and swollen quite bad.The first one swole up my entire left side of my jaw but i took a course of flucloxacillin (antibiotic good for skin) which healed it up well, just a small bump where it used to be now. Now i have another one, which is not so bad as i recognised it from what happened previously, and went to my gp, who gave me the flucloxacillin again and fucidin cream. What I really want to know is why am i prone to getting these infected spots and what can i do to stop getting them? also is the lump from the old boil there because it is still infected or is it scarred? if its scarred will the lump go down and heal ever?

sorry about the length of this, but y'know what its like to be fixated on spots when your a teen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

el_dude

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi,

Perhaps you could ask you doc what it is? If you can prevent it?