Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What should we do with peadophiles after they're convicted?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yes Lithium, it should. Are you saying that once it's been found out that someone had a problem you give them no help at all because you don't like the nature of the problem.

The current law means that its very hard to lock someone up for life for just one offense. I'm disgusted and horrified by paedophiles, but I think that they're still entitled to help.

Just out of curiosity Lithium, what would you think if one of your sisters turned out to have paedophilic tendancies. Would you still want compulsary death sentences and no help for them.

Does anyone really think that any one crime can justify immediate death without appeal? I don't personally. I also think we need to be clear on when paedophilia begins, if a twenty year old has sex with a fourteen year old, its weird, but does it mean he should be killed? I don't think so.

Take the case of a thirty year old woman who slept with a thirteen year old. She's now in prison and he still claims that he was fine with it and she did nothing wrong. Tough call.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Caliph:
    I also think we need to be clear on when paedophilia begins, if a twenty year old has sex with a fourteen year old, its weird, but does it mean he should be killed? I don't think so.

When I say paedophile what I really mean is a child molester.
    So the quote above is just an extreme case that wouldn't really count as a paedophile, unless the boy was strugling

BaRt
    Live Life On The Edge!