Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Very Angry At Times

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Sometimes I get so very angry at times that I end up punching a wall or doing some form of wanting to do self-harm to myself. I get so angry:mad: when someone gerts under my skin and I just get so angry that it I seem to just blow up at people and take everything out on them.

I don't know what to do to stop myself from getting so angry and then doing some form of self-harm or blowing up at people or both.

Sometimes I get so mad :banghead: for acting this way and I always end up taking it out on myself. I hate when I get this way because I always seem to get so out of control when I'm like this and I hate it :yuck:

If anyone can give me any kind of ideas or ways that I can or could control my anger or where I could get some help to help control my anger, I would so greatly appreciate it because I don't want to be this really angry person for the rest of my life.

I think that what has caused me to be like this so much is because of all the emotional, mental, physical, and verbal abuse that I received from my asshole of a half-brother that started soon after my mother died, when I was 14 and really started soon after my 15th birthday. He had abused me in all those ways from about the age of 15 until I was 19 1/2.

I know that had a big part of why I'm always so damn angry, but I just don't seem to know how to keep my anger under control because it seems like even the littliest things seem to make me so angry :mad:

Please if someone could give me any ideas or suggestions on how I can go about getting myself some help for my anger I would appreciate any suggestions or ideas.

I am going to therapy right now and it seems to have helped me some with being able to control my anger, but I still get pretty angry at times and I think that I might need a little more help with being able to control my anger.

Thank you.