Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Monkey!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've just tried to watch Monkey, the old 80's series about the Monkey god and priest who have to make a journey for some daft reason which I can't remember. Good grief, it was bad, real bad. I can't believe I used to watch that and think it was any good at all. Even back then it was cheesy and corny, but now - it's just poor.
Does anybody else remember it? Is anybody watching it? Does anybody think it's any good??? :confused:

Mr_Wobble ;)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    monkey magic hehe yes I remember it well, I saw an episode a little while ago, I remember it being bad, but not that bad!!lol
    I think you have to be in the right state of mind to appreciate it:razz:
    For some reason i thought you were younger than me Mr_Wobble. I heard of it, but not seen it. Everyone who has mentioned it says it was good. Mind you i loved button moon.
    :eek:
    I saw some of it last night and was thinking the same thing. Like the fight that was supposed to have lasted 2 weeks, but really it was 30 seconds. :confused:

Don't you hate having your happy childhood memories shattered? :(
    This is precisely why I was in two minds about bothering.... it`s on a bit late for me, I couldn`t be arsed to set up the video to record it, and in the end my mind was made up for me because I couldn`t keep my eyes open by 10.30.

I think I`ll keep my memories intact. :)

(The Water Margin ruled though!)
    Originally posted by cheekychick

I think you have to be in the right state of mind to appreciate it:razz:

Whats that then, out of yer gourd? :P
    we recorded it last week as it was my hubbys fave programme when he was little, and made him learn kung fu. i think its so bad that its good.
    Lovely programme. Most amusing.