Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

if you're partner...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
is a bloke, and you were buying him one of the following, which would you think he would like more...

a) an acre of the moon
b) an acre of mars
c) an acre of venus

ps. i am not stupid and am sure a million other people would 'own' the same acre, but its a nice thought, so what do you think??? - which one?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My blokey says mars.
    My blokey says the moon.
    Philosophical it'll have to be Venus, as it represents femininity, and that'd be like giving him a part of yourself.
    Though realisticly it would be the moon, as it's easier to get there (at the moment) than to Mars.
    He'd be sick eating an acre of Mars..:yuck: lol

Seriously though, an acre of Venus would be useless too damn hot, The moon, too damn boring, so Id go with Mars, after all there may one day be biospheres on Mars and the land would be worth quite a bit.:p
    if emily bopught me an acre of land anywhere that i could never fucking get to... i'd be a bit pissed off,. she knows... facing south,
    reasonably well sheltered from it's local extremes, no tourists and not to difficult to manipulete.
    mine says acre of the moon.
    ummm... i'd say mars, because its a candy bar, and i think a guy would appreciate a piece of candy to a chunk of a planet/moon. i mean, seriously, what are you going to do with a pice of mars? it baffels me.
    So, uh, who exactly is selling the moon?

My mums workmate got given an acre of the moon. My mum thought it was romantic. My brother & I were thoroughly confused as to the point of it all.
    Well I am a blokey, and I'd say the moon. I know someone who "owns" some already. Hehe.
    Originally posted by Mist
    I know someone who "owns" some already. Hehe.
    is he growing anything on it it yet?
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    is he growing anything on it it yet?

Don't think so, she's got a certificate and a map of it though.
    Originally posted by Mist

Don't think so, she's got a certificate and a map of it though.
    if theres an x marking where the treasure is buried... she's been had i'm afraid. trust me. i know about these things.
    As far as I know, the claims are genuine, and you can own a piece of the Moon, Mars, etc. It's like the goldrush days, where prospecters could stake their claim on a piece of land.
    Of course, the laws will no doubt be changed by governments in the future to make the claims worthless, but for now I think they are legitimate.

Hmm, the Moon is closer, but there doesn't appear to be much there for us. Value wise, Mars could be the most valuable in the future. Bigger planet, and there's bound to be more in the way of minerals, etc. You could also wrap it up with a Mars Bar. :)

I can't decide. :)

If you are going to go the Mars route, then have a look at one of NASA's sites. They're going to be sending probes to Mars, and they're attaching CD-ROM's full of peoples names. And you can sign up online to have your name added, then print off a certificate. :)

Mr_Wobble ;)
    theres a law that unclaimed land can be claimed if a nation occupies it for about 24 months i think. so say i made myself a little country called "shyland" and i just happened to land on the moon. ah yes. all mine :p

out of those three i would prefer venus. the thing about femininity that Jacq said
    thanx for your replies, i decided to go for the moon.

and as for the point boys... well... i just think its romantic. its the thought that counts. at least he'll be able to see it every night and say "my girlfriend bought me that"

lol
    Re: if you're partner...
    Originally posted by badabing
    is a bloke, and you were buying him one of the following, which would you think he would like more...

a) an acre of the moon
    b) an acre of mars
    c) an acre of venus

ps. i am not stupid and am sure a million other people would 'own' the same acre, but its a nice thought, so what do you think??? - which one?

If you're partner!!!???? don't make no sense..'IF YOU ARE PARTNER'?...YUP I am partner...Really you mean if YOUR partner...

Anyway ...lesson over
    Originally posted by Faith
    My blokey says mars.
    Originally posted by angelbabe
    My blokey says the moon.

if i was to ask my "blokey" he would proably say seven
    What no Uranus jokes?

(leaves quietly through the side door after dropping the tone of this thread to his level )
    a bloke has recently been arrested in the states for selling one acre lots on the moon, mars and elswhere. he managed to sell some to ex presidents carter and reagan. so it seems it's yet another ilegal scam some clever crook dreamed up to part fools from thier money!
    it is actually perfectly legit. They sell acres of moon in the gadget shop.
    large areas of the moon have been bought by several companies that later became a conglomerate. The idea is that if you buy an acre of moon, you'll probably never be able to visit it. However in 50 years time you may find that a mining corporation wants your piece, and the 20 quid it costs now will be something in the region of 2000 depending on what is there.

As far as I know, the moon land is legitimate, not heard about Mars or Venus though.