Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Diaryness

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Sorry im in a random mood and was wondering....
who of you lot actullay keep a diary, is it important to you and why?

I had one diary which i ended up ripping the pages out of cos it was so embarrasing. The second seemed too formal and I ahted having to eitehr think of something to write or to squash it in space. I now use just plain notepads and have kept one for over a year and a half now...so about 6 notepads. It means a lot to me because I know that there are times when I can't relaly talk to anyone else about stuff and it helps me sort out my feelings.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Keep an online journal.
    And to be honest, I don't think I'd write one, if it wasn't for the "community" surrounding it.
    Not a diary as such (although I would always insist upon buying a diary at the beginning of the year & get bored about 2 days later) but I used to keep random notes & stuff.
    Until my mother searched through my stuff, found it and ripped it up. :yeees: That was a fun night.

Er..I used to write in livejounal a while back. Can't be bothered now.
    Anything I did ever write down always made me cringe almightily a few days later.

That's a no then.
    Originally posted by Smash
    Not a diary as such (although I would always insist upon buying a diary at the beginning of the year & get bored about 2 days later) but I used to keep random notes & stuff.
    Until my mother searched through my stuff, found it and ripped it up. :yeees: That was a fun night.

Er..I used to write in livejounal a while back. Can't be bothered now.
    Anything I did ever write down always made me cringe almightily a few days later.

That's a no then.
    why did she rip it?????????????? :(
    i keep a family diary. filled in everyday. for the last ten yrs. one big book for each of those yrs. makes interesting reading.
    i dont keep a diary, but i've just been pm's by karla asking if i'd like to do one for thesite about my actor training.

im quite excited!
    I keep a diary. I would never let anyone read it, its just a way to help my thoughts escape i guess.
    xxx
    I've neer found a need, a reason, or point in keeping a diary. I have a blog, but seldom post in it. Only when there is nobody else to speak to and get something off my chest - but that's rare. To me it's an irregular thing, and it would be pointless having an annual diary. I've never found daily diaries any good either. The best thing is a pocket notebook of things to do, and I only use that when really busy.

Why not keep a file on your computer, and add to it when necessary. Or create a simple database with one field for notes, that also records the date the entry was made?
    You can password protect a MS Access database. Or make a Word document, and password secure it in a Winzip file. ....but remember if you're going to keep a file on a computer to back it up frequently!!!

Mr_Wobble ;)
    I have a weblog which I write in most days but that is not about me. I recently got a livejournal which I write in sometimes but it's really only trivialities so far I'm not sure I'd write really personal stuff in there I mean everyone's gonna read it and that would be a bit odd.

I don't keep a paper diary what's the point? Although sometiems when I can't remember stuff I wish I had kept one.
    i have one of those live journal thingies. i use it to bitch and whine and bitch and whine some more. nothing in my life is personal. i am impersonal person and... well...yea
    I have 3 diarys I keep, plus my livejournal. (go read it people. I like comments even if you just say hi :p ) I have one diary for poems, one for random things like lyrics and pictures, and the other I bitch and whine and get angry in. I've only ever let one person read them... and he was almost crying when he read it. I think I may have made a mistake letting people read them.
    Originally posted by Mist

I don't keep a paper diary what's the point?
    well....I can't go on the computer whenever I want (its in the studya nd other people use it too). I usually feel like writing in my diary at odd hours like 3 am....so it would make too much noise to go on computer, too much time and it would hurt my eyes at taht time!
    yes i have a diary-im using a really gorgeous notebook-as i found that set dates meant not enough room,etc!have had one for the last few years-but have never really put anything very personal in it-my boyfriend read my last one.this one is a bit though.
    I have an LJ...because I'm addicted to it. I just like the idea of my friends seeing a side of me that they don't see otherwise; what's going through my mind. I put whatever I am feeling down, what my main thoughts are, no matter how candid they are. I've tried keeping paper diaries but I got bored after a few weeks, with this, it's 3 months later and I'm still going strong. Probably the fact that other people are actually reading it has kept me interested.
    Originally posted by Pepsi_104

why did she rip it?????????????? :(

Because it makes everything written automatically not true!

No, seriously - I dunno.
    She was angry I guess.

I was fucking furious.

I win. Woo.

I've got lots of random notebooks that I don't want to write in too...don't want to 'ruin' them. :yeees:
    Haven't quite got the hang of this stationary lark.
    i like diary. mmmmm milk.
    I write in Livejournal - find it convenient as I'm online everyday to check college email. It's easier to rant there than here, and if there's anything i don't think other people should see I can just make it private.

I also keep a paper diary, but don't really write in that often, just write when important/interesting things happen or if i'm in my room with nothing to do
    I've nothing much to report in a diary.
    Which, in some respects is good, I suppose.