Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

how real could it have been?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i thought that i was getting over my ex of about 4 months. lately i seem to keep thinking about her. kind of bugs me since i can't seem to help it.

she told me that she loved me (when we were together), but how serious could she have been when the next week she dumped me? 3 weeks later she had a new guy.

thoughts on this would be appreciated. thanks.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well love is not a tangible thing, it comes and goes and who even knows when you have it.

You're probably just going through that period a while after you break up with someone when you start thinking about them again. It happens.
    Hmmm, hard to say really. Either she was fibbing, or she's on the rebound after breaking up with you.
    Love's confusing. Life's confusing. I wouldn't worry about it. I've had a shitty week myself. I was clearing a load of stuff up, and found an envelope I'd put all the letters, and cards, from one of my ex'es in. I couldn't help but read them, and they brought tears to my eyes. It brought back many happy times, then all the bad feelings about the breakup, and the way it all went wrong, and her cheating on me. I'm just waffling now, and gone right off the topic. But I suppose the thing I'm trying to get at is - remember the good times, try not to think of the whys, etc, and move on.
    I've still kept those letters though, sealed in a large envelope, and still have photos of her, and us, in a box somewhere. But they're in the past now.

Mr_Wobble ;)
    I was seeing this bloke once for bout 3 months, he told me he loved me, then the next day he dumped me, i really couldnt get my head around it for bout 2 months, but i figure its his loss and i didnt say it back to him!
    It's sad when it happens...you just have to accept that people/love is often unpredictable, irratic and the most strange thing in the world. I hope you find someone nice soon.
    yeah i agree with what other people have said...you can't tell with love.
    i suspect she may be on the rebound...

I had a bit of an "ex crisis" this week after, like Mr Wobble, finding all my old letters, emails etc, and stupidly reading them. One of them was from 9 days before he broke up with me, and it was such a gorgeous email, all about how nothing else in the world mattered and that although he would be unhappy coming back to school it would be okay because he was near me...and then not long after he ended it all.
    It's all very confusing...who knows if they really meant it or not, but I like to believe that they did. I suppose feelings change though, and we deserve better than that.
    thanks. just wish getting over someone didn't take as long. i would like to think she meant it, so that's enough. thanks again.