Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

How long should it hurt...?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey there,

I recently lost my virginity to my boyfriend, which was wonderful because we've waited 9 long months before I was ready. As I expected, the first time felt like it was tearing my insides out. The thing is, it still hurts whenever we have sex. Lately it's not taken as long before it stops hurting, but whenever he first enters me I have to make him go painfully slow, then he has to stay still inside of me until it stops hurting me so much.

I really wanna know if this is normal, and will stop eventually, or will I always be this way? I really hope not because it always puts a damper on the situation...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It sounds like you need to give yourself a few days to heal. Then when he's about to enter you, make sure you're totally relaxed. Some extra lube might also help.
    Be patient - it will stop hurting.
    you sound like me! when i just read your post it was as if i had wrote it! thats strange :)
    My first time hurt but it was fine after that, maybe wait afew days to give yourself chance to heal, and make sure you're completely turned on before he enters you.
    Pain innit

I have been with my fiancee for 8months & before him I had only slept with 1 other guy before (not jus the once) :) but I remember the 1st time I slept with my fiancee I was in AGONY :eek: When he first entered my I couldn't believe how much pain I was in! Even though I new I wasn't a virgin it felt like I was again!! Since then 9/10 it has been fine but 1/10 times it has hurt!! I put it down to not bein "wet" enough, so he usually has to carry on with foreplay until i am! I have never used Lube myself (maybe I should :) ) but try it! Ive heard its good!!
    Re: Pain innit
    Originally posted by Mwaaaa
    I put it down to not bein "wet" enough, so he usually has to carry on with foreplay until i am! I have never used Lube myself (maybe I should :) ) but try it! Ive heard its good!! [/B]

Foreplay is a very important part, especially in your case :)
    hiya!
    I had the same problem, it hurt every time my boyfriend entered me for a long time after i lost my virginity to him, but then it gradually got less and less painful and then all was fine....just give it some time, but yeah make sure you're lubricated enough etc. and maybe leave it a few days before you try again to see if you just had a little tear or something that needed healing.
    I'm sure it'll stop hurting soon enough :)
    don't let him have his wicked way at all if it's still hurting, if he's waited that long he';ll continue to be patient.

i was originally going to post something facetious along the lines of 'depends how hard he took ya.'
    Do some 4play for about 30 minutes or so and see how it goes.
    Originally posted by mrkikiet
    i was originally going to post something facetious along the lines of 'depends how hard he took ya.'

And the answer to that, is VERY gently lol