Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

i think ive found a lump

its in my neck. right below the corner of my jaw. im not sur if its the dreded word that i cant bare to say or if its just a swollen gland. it hurts when i touch it. im all confused. sorry if this is confusing.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :)

i no wot lump ur on about, but dont worry thats just me!
  • Options
    on a more serious note should you maybe see a doctor? i dunno bt if u cum ova ill ave a look, yea?
  • Options
    dont worry zella, i get those all the time wen i have tonsilitis, i promise itll die down after ur throat gets better
  • Options
    Hi Zella,

If you've recently had flu, glandular fever, a cold, trouble with your teeth, a bad allergy, a sore throat etc then it is likely to be a swollen lymph node because your immune system is working overtime. They usually go back down again after a few days when you're better.

If it is still there in a few days, or starts to feel hot and more painful, or if it is painless but has a rubbery feeling when you touch it, then go to see the doctor. They can check it out properly and most likely put your mind at rest.