Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Au revoir not goodbye!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Au revoir not goodbye! Next Sunday I will be leaving England to go to Brazil so I won’t be at TheSite much if at all over the next six months. But I promise that I’ll be back here when I return to England. I wanted to say a proper goodbye before I go as so many of you mean so much to me. I’ve only been on TheSite since last autumn but in this short time I have made good friends and been given good advice that I don’t think can go un-acknowledged.

Firstly I owe a big thank you to DJP as his thread on self-harm was the first one that attracted me to these boards, that made me stay and more importantly changed my real life. If it wasn’t for that thread I would not have had the courage to seek help with my own problems or even to acknowledge they exist. Also to those of you who PM me when I am down… BeckyBoo and bad seed spring to mind here straight away. For all of you who have made me laugh (Mr Roll especially), who have written something to make me smile and to those of you who have made me challenge my own thought process another thank you. And to the mods for making me feel safe here and for removing the crap that gets posted and for pointing me in the right direction. And to the late RubberSkin for being special and giving me some good advice.

I know I’ve probably forgotten some of you as I’ve only mentioned a few of you but thank you to everyone for all that you have done for me. It gets said here quite a bit that these are ONLY internet discussion boards but not many internet discussion boards affect and change our REAL lives now do they?

Take care of yourselves and each other (ok so now I sound like that twat Jerry Springer… but I do mean it). To those of you that have problems and issues I hope that you find as much support here as I have. Good luck to you all over these next few months. I hope life treats you all well and that you get whatever good things in life that you deserve.

Bye bye,

Randomgirl xx

PS: I think that I owe the biggest thank you of all to bad seed for all his encouragement, kind words, friendship and everything else he has done for me- He knows the things I mean.

[Edited to remove an annoying typo!]

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Wow hope you have a good time over there!
    Have fun! I hope it all goes well for you. :)
    Have fun, look after yourself!!

I'll no doubt still be here when you get back, so I'll look forward to hearing how it all went!:)

Bye
    bye honey :wave:

have a great time over there - and good luck :)

Cya soon
    Sammy
    xxx
    Have a good time and dont waste the opportunity!

I hear there are some rather nice men out there... :D
    Have fun!! :wave:
    Have a great time, we'll miss you. :)
    Well have a fantastic time! Hope to speak to you when you're back! Encourage some brazilians to join thesite LOL
    in your own words Au Revoir, Auf Wiedersehn, Tschuss, Tot Ziens, etc etc
    xxx
    c-ya have fun :)

:wave:
    Truly one of the better posts around here.
    As I say, posts like those are the ones which brings back the smile of thinking of this site :)

The best of luck, make the most out of it, and if there is anything, this site will still be going!
    Goodbye for now :wave:

All the best of luck for Brazil, you will be missed!

:)

AnDy

Edited to add: I didn't notice the PS bit at first...thank you :)
    Good luck, I'm sure you'll come back a stronger person for this, and I hope you don't think of thesite too much lol. You'll have so much going on there.
    Have fun :D:)
    Find an internet cafe over there to tell us how you're doing, have a good time! And you'll be back with us in dreary England before you know it:D
    Randomgirl I just want to wish you all the luck in the world, I hope you have a fantastic time on you travels.
    I will miss you :)

Dont forget to come back.....hey do they sell sticks of rock over there, you could always bring us some back ;)
    all the very best r g . be careful. there are lots of nuts in brazil.
    Originally posted by morrocan roll

Oh ha ha. :p

Isn't funny at all. *secretly pisses himself laughing*
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    Yep there are... and when I get there they'll be one more :lol: