Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Pregnancy test

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When is it best to do a pregnancy test?
my period isnt due for about 2weeks but i have a feeling i maybe pregnant.My boyf thought i was before but i knew i wasnt, but this time i have this feeling inside that i am.Its really starting to get to me because i dont think i can do anything about it yet-is that true? also the best option if i was pregnant would be to have an abortion, but ive just seen these really disturbing pictures on the internet of aborted babies and its knocked me sick-im drivin myself round the bend-plz help! thanx x x x

Comments

• Options
    You cant do a pregnancy test until the first day of your missed period otherwise the result wont neccesarily be accurate. I would suggest not looking round the pro-life sites if you think abortion would be best for you, as those sites themselves are sick. You have to do whats right for you and dont let anyone make you feel guilty.
  • Options
    Hi Cinderella,

What Rainbow said is right, home testing kits can be done from the first day of a missed period. You can also call up someone like Brook Advisory if you're really worried.

You sound like you really don't want to be pregnant, am I right? Hopefully it will be a false alarm - if so, please get down to a family planning clinic (the number's in your local phone book) and sort out some more reliable contraception as a matter of urgency.
  • Options
    Thanx for the replies. I'll just have to wait and see if my period arrives, until then im gonna try not worry about it.
    A baby wouldnt be the best thing at the moment, but if i have to make the decision i dont know what i'll choose-i think it would probably be easier saying id get rid of it than actually doing it.
    Thanx again :)
  • Options
    also... if your period isnt due for another two weeks, you're probably still ovulating now.
    i really wouldn't worry, just make sure you use contraception at the mo, cuz you will be ovulating.

people often get themselves paranoid about it, thinking they feel sick and stuff, but you have to remember morning sickness and things dont evenm happen til you're at least 4 weeks gone, its usully around 6 weeks you start getting that.

just dont worry, and use contraception!