Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Transferring

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I'm really not happy at the uni i am at and really want to transfer and i have tried and given it alot of thought can anyone give me some advice aout how to go about transferring.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Firstly, you need to find a university that you can transfer too. Find one with the same or very similar course and approach them, either by writing or emailing them.

You should also tell your course director or tutor that you want to transfer.

They will probably ask you to talk to all kinds of people who will want to know why etc but if you really can't see a way past what you're feeling other than a transfer then stick to your guns!

Have you considered reapplying to start a course in September at a different university, or are you confident that you can catch up on any work missed?
    hassle

I'd work my ass off on another course because my folks have already paid for a year on this course with accomodation and all. I've thought about reapplying though if i'm desperate. My tutor is constantly unavailable which is a hassle i go along to the time allocated to students and he's never there which is a hassle
    Have you emailed your tutor and made a specific appointment to discuss this with him? If not do so, if you have and he's not responded and you have chased him up since and still got no help then go to the head of the department or departmental office and explain the situation. They should be able to help.

useful article on changing courses

Susie :)
    email the uni you want to transfer to, tell them what you want to do and see what they can offer you

i transferred last year...best thing i ever did...seriously

life is to short to be unhappy, so go for it

good luck :)