Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

is it bad for u...?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
okie, here goes...

am obsessed with brushin ma teeth :eek2: yes i know its a bit wierd but hmm, i was wondering is it bad for u? i've heard u can brush the enamel off ur teeth if u do it toooo much...

also i dont smoke but i use smokers toothpaste then i do them again with whitening toothpaste, just to make sure they r clean.

so erm help, is it not gud for ma teethies?

thanks.

Comments

• Options
    lol, why do u feel the urge to brush them soo much ?
  • Options
    i dont actually know, i think its becasue i liek the feel. im not sure.
  • Options
    i've heard u can brush the enamel off ur teeth if u do it toooo much...

Think you just answered your own question.

As long as your not rubbing ur toothbrush against you gums as well... can't see what harm it would do.

Have you always been like that, or is it just recently?
  • Options
    but i wasnt sure if it was true.

well just recently, bout a week now.
  • Options
    Well, shouldnt be really anything to worry about - probably just going through one of those hygene phases. Although, try to stay away from the toothpaste, specially used for smokers, unless you want Ross's teeth from friends. (extremly white) :D
  • Options
    ooooooooo i wrote that. there goes the bug again.
  • Options
    I think you'd have to brush pretty viguourosly to rub the enamel off your teeth! Dont quote me on that tho, I'm not a dentist hehe. Its probably a bit easier to damage your gums but I wouldnt worry too much. I clean my teeth quite often, usually about 3 times a day, I get paranoid about having bad breathe.
  • Options
    PennyB, you are using abrasive toothpastes when you don't need to, so you could damage your teeth. Ask your dentist about the right type of brush and paste.
  • Options
    if you use toothpaste a lot the fluoride in it will stain your teeth orangey brown which ive seen and is NOT a nice look. i suggest you ease up on it a little and do it twice a day and try chewing gum instead :)
  • Options
    okie thanks. i dont do from fear of bad breath i just like the feelin. well i have cut down a little and im workin on it :D cant have these teethies not lasting. thanks again guys xxxxxxxx
  • Options
    i brush my teeth immenselty too, dont worry, im obcessed, i got up in the night and did it...:banghead:
  • Options
    There's a guy in my year at school who took all the enamel off his teeth because when he was a kid he used to drink loads of orange juice and then brush his teeth right after. Well I think that was what happened, I wasn't listening properly at the time :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Haha sorry for contributing to a post that's DEAD BTW, but Lisa, it still says your name is PennyBlack! Ahh those were the days!
  • Options
    OH MY GOD - KARLA!!! :crying:
    Originally posted by sexy cj
    i brush my teeth immenselty too, dont worry, im obcessed, i got up in the night and did it...:banghead:

can i just say this: why on earth????
  • Options
    There is alsoconcern over whethjer too much flouride is bad for you. There's no concrete evidence yet, so it's all very much stiil just something to be aware of, but it has been claimed that fluoride can cause Dental fluorosis and Skeletal fluorosis among other things.
    The main worry is when our water supplies are boosted with flouride, but too much toothpaste may also be a concern. The recommended line is to brush twice a day, so it's probably best to stick to that and make the most of it then!
    Check out the British dental Association for more info:
    http://www.bda-dentistry.org.uk/
  • Options
    Ho hum just realised how dead this thread is!!