Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

my housemate...

Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ok hunny, i'm gonna attempt advice, from the femals point of view... so you say that you've been hanging around her alot of the time, and even before you lived together, so obviously, like you said, she likes you as a friend, which is good. i assume, since you live together, you are pretty comfortable around her, as in you can be yourself, right? that there (getting comfortable) is a big plus with girls.

now quite frankly, from what i know of you, there is no reason why she wouldn't like you, you have a great personality and your cute too. you really shouldn't be so hard on yourself about that part. i *promise* you that there have been plenty of girls out there that have had their little crushes on you but have been too shy to tell you or not know how to tell you.

now i know its a *super* hard thing to do, but i'm telling you, it would be a good idea. while your out with her one time, just either tell her that you like her more than a friend or ask her if there is a chance of anything more happening between you two. Like i said before, being such good friends with her already, and other stuff, it is unlikely that she will reject you. i *very highly* doubt that it will affect your friendship at all, even if she does say no.

when a good friend tells you that they like you, it is the most flattering thing. it makes you feel *so* special, its unexplainable - even if you dont' like them back. my best male friend (whom i would never date) had told me that he liked me that way and it was just this amazing feeling to have somebody that knows you so well to say something like that. so if she doesn't feel the same way, you've still made her day by saying your feelings.
  • Options
    When I lived in halls in my first year at Uni I really fancied this bloke who lived in the room below mine. We pulled (just kissed) each other over the space of about 3 months almost every time that we were both down the Union so i assumed he liked me aswell, then after 3months of pulling each other I ended up sleeping with him. After that night we hardly ever spoke again, at first I thought it was just cos we both felt a bit awkward but as time went on I just assumed (and I was right) that he'd got what he wanted and had moved on to the next person. It made things in our flats quite difficult, and I didn't really like being in the same room as him, and always thought people were gossiping about it. I'm not saying that this will happen between you, but just that things can be very awkward when you have to live with someone afterwards. Be careful and make sure you know what you're doing!
  • Options
    Bad Seed beleive me you are not crap at talking, gawd you have talked to me loads of times here:) I find that you have a very caring attitude, you come across as someone who will help anyone. You have been there for me when ive been a bit down, you sent me PM last week when i had a bad day which was a real nice gesture.
    I honestly cannot see why you think so badly of yourself. Many people on here find you attractive myself included (however Im not on the pull, you know im married ;) )
    What I would do is ask her outright if she fancies going out one night with you? have a couple of drinks just to give you that bit of dutch courage, I dont mean get bladdered but just a couple and just play it by ear when youre out. For all you know she might be sat there waiting for you to make that move, you will never know until you try it. Just incase she likes you as a friend and nothing else I think Id play it very cool with her, dont make a big fuss out of it, because as yet we dont know wether she likes you just as a friend and nothing else. Id hate to think you poured your heart out to her and she was just not interested in you that way.

Yeah...........go for it :)
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by bad seed
    Thanks for the replies :) especially the time and thought :)

I've taken them on board...and may even look into doing something about it

well keep us updated hun :) Good luck.
  • Options
    Very short advice, flirt outragously with her and see what happens, then take it from there.