Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Fear and loathing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Did anyone ever trip like in the Therry Gilliam masterpiece? I did some pretty sick things while stoned, but never has it gone close to the destruction seen in this movie.

Comments

• Options
    The visuals in the movie are highly stylised and your unlikely to experiance anything like that on virtualy any substance unless your really brave or foolhardy.

I quite like the movie but the book is much better, Its written by Hunter S. Thompson who is a living genius. His works on America and its political system are amazing.
    He's a real hero of mine and I really think the world will be a sader place when he passes away.
    I highly recomend that you go out and buy all of his books now, they are really worth a read. They are much more than the usual druggie nonsence.
    If theres a drug out there HST has done it and done it in excess.
  • Options
    I know Fear and Loathing is based on a true story, is the author of the book the man in the story?
  • Options
    Fear and loathing is only very roughly based on a true event, it was mainly written by HST as a bit of a break from his usual work. If you read his book 'The Great Shark Hunt' he does talk about writting the book in one of the sections.
    Fear and loathing is fiction, and to my knowlege the only other novel that he has done is 'The Rum Diary' which is a stunning piece of fiction, possibly one of the most touching and harrowing works I've ever read, its nothing like fear and loathing though.