Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

breast lump

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've got a really sore lump just under my right arm which I woke up with yesturday. I'm gunna go and get it cheaked out if it doesn't go in the next few days but was just wondering if any one has any ideas on what it could be coz i know you can get breast lumps under your arms? thanx :(

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like it could be a blocked sweat gland.
    I may be wrong and its best to get it checked anyway but if you use antipersperant leave it off for a couple of days and if it gets any bigger or you get flu symptoms( a sure sign of infection) go to the Dr straight away.
  • Options
    it could just be a swollen gland. if you've been ill recently your glands can swell up in your neck, under arms and groin. check them all out, see if you have any other swollen glands.
    But like cheeky chick says, it could be as simple as a blocked sweat gland. see how things go in the next couple of days, if there is no change, get to our docs!in the mean time, try not to worry to much.
    hope you get it sorted XXX
  • Options
    Originally posted by cheekychick
    Sounds like it could be a blocked sweat gland.

Yeah I've had that. Little lump under the skin and it's sore if you touch it. It should go after a couple of days, but if it doesn't then I'd get it checked out.
  • Options
    theres no harm in getting your doctor to check it out for you. Ive got a breast examination this afternoon, as i have a lump, so i know how you feel, although mine doesnt hurt.
  • Options
    Hi guys thanx for your replies. BT cut my internet off for just over a week so couldnt get on to reply.

The lump got really sore and I started to feel really ill so I went to the doctors. He had a look and said that the gland may be infected and that if it didnt get any better to go back. Thankfully it didnt so im all better now. :) . Thank you for all your replies :)