Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bodybuilding (?) and fitness with minimal equipment

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I want to try get my body a bit more in shape/toned up in the next few months, and aslo try get a bit fitter.

Does anyone have any suggestions for excersisesthat'll build up my chest/arms/stomach withouyt having to but lots of equipment etc?

What excersize and fitness training do you guys do and what do you find are the best and most effective/efficient ones?

Comments

• Options
    er chest. - place both arms in front of you, bend them towards each other and grab the other arm by the elbow. then push together for 3 secs, then pull apart. repeat for a couple of times. if ur in front of a mirror u should see it working.

stomach - do rapid 1/2 pull ups. to do this lie flat on ur back, and place ur legs at 45 degrees then at the knees bend them so ur feet touch the floor. then put ur arms on ur thighs and just go up far enough to ge thtem to your knees. if its too easy adjust your leg position. try do lots of reps really quickly. hurts. my best i think is 150.

arms - well get some weights, they cost a little bit of money but ull have to. if u cant them u could do press ups. chin ups, or anything where u feel ur arms working.

hope this helps - and btw this should be in sport + fitness...
  • Options
    Visit www.abcbodybuilding.com and ask a question in the forums

they will teach you everything u need to know
  • Options
    If no equipment

Chest: Push-Ups, Vary the angle at times to hit different parts of the pecs, i.e have your feet raised on end of a table or sumthin and do push-ups at an angle.

Stomach:
    Upper Abs - Simply crunchs.

Lower Abs - If you have anything that can hold your weight while hanging safely try Leg Raises, Bringing legs like normal on floor crunches into your midsection.

Obliques (sides) -

Arms:
    Forearms - Stress ball or sumthin soft enough to hold a good squeeze, hold i.e stress ball in fron of you, arms fully locked squeeze stress ball hold in for three seconds then release repeat.

Biceps - If have something that holds your weight while hanging try Chin-Ups with palms facing inwards towards you.

Triceps - Have a table or end of chair that is at knee height and perform tricep dips.

Here is a link however of all muscle groups and a list of excellent exercises for each a lot with weights however but even without weights will be good for toning.
    http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html
  • Options
    Your biggest concern should be being able to afford to eat all the food you need to build muscle. There's free heavy stuff everywhere. But 6 meals a day, that adds up.