Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Piercings Again

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I got my navel pierced last christmas (2001) - everything was fine, until 6 months I bought a body-bar, (it was kinda cheap:ok really cheap one) and it got it all infected, so I took it out and cleaned my navel. Realised I couldn't put it back in because it was too much badly infected.

So I left it and thought, I'd leave it to close up and get it pierced again another time. During my process of healing, it was left a wee lump and it was sore, especially when I slept on my stomach which I do alot.

I went to the Doc's to check it out and she said, as long as I avoided baths, and kept that area clean, it will be okay, just it would take a bit longer to heal down there.

My point, I am trying to get to is:

It's now 6-7months since I took it out. But I'm left with a wee scar. Do you think I will be able to get it pierced again?

Comments

• Options
    yeah you can get it re-pierced, this same thing happened to my friend and the re piercing was all fine, that'll teach you to get cheap nasty bars!lol only get Titanium or Surgical steel and you gotta keep that naval clean.
    See ya
  • Options
    yeh u can get it re-peirced again,my friend-(dandy) took hers out because it went manky,she had it re-peirced like 3months after and it was fine,jst make sure when you have it done another time you don't get cheap bars!!!!lol.but although i can remember dandy said when you get it re-peirced again through a scar it is a weeeee bit painful.
  • Options
    It'll be ok to get it re-pierced. But be careful with what you buy. I know the jewellery is expensive but it's worth paying a bit extra to make sure it doesn't go all manky!
  • Options
    Thanx for your help - I've learnt my lesson now, not to buy the cheap ones. :)
  • Options
    Again!

Don't know what happened there, but that was me that posted that last message, not 'Mist'
  • Options
    Lol, not quite sure that Mist was the one to reply to this.