Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Bored with getting drunk

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone have these times in their lives when getting drunk suddenly seems really boring? This is what is happening to me. I don't know whether i'm turning into a health freak or am just sick of running about acting like a twat. Everyone says that alcohol does me no good. Given that it has made me do things like take my clothes off at parties and get chased by people, and drive girls out of Wetherspoon's with my offputting behaviour, I can see their point. It completely ruins my chances of getting a girlfriend, because it makes me say things like 'I want to lick your c***'. I still enjoy the odd drink every now and again, it's fun, it makes you a bit less nervous and more sociable, and in small quantities it's a mild aphrodisiac ;) (Too much, as you may well know, has completely the opposite effect!). But i'm just beginning to hate getting drunk, know what I mean?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Why do you think we all take drugs ?

I cvant remember the last time I was embarrassed about my behaviour after a mash up.

But getting pissed is fun but the memory loss and the fact you think you are the funniest sexist person in the world puts me off.

(not saying to take drugs just dont drink as much !)
    I went through the same thing & for a good 6 months I would offer to drive, we would get to where ever we were going, have a couple of pints very early in the night & then stop....

Wanted to make sure I did not need to get lashed up to have a good time.... & am glad to say i had a right laugh even though i was sober!

I also remembered all of the night, was not broke & no hangover...

Worth doing every now & again.....
    i got bored of drinking last year.. somewhere in october. not sure exactly why i decided to but started takin e, anyway, i'm havin a great time now! despite a seriously messy nye :crazyeyes

i haven't stopped drinking alcohol totally, i just don't seem to want to get pissed, i just have a few and have a bit of a laugh.

in fact the last time i got pissed i had a massive fight with my girlfriend (all sorted now), which is totally the opposite of when we're both nutted:D

anyway, that's me... but i'm not suggesting you turn to (illegal) drugs just cos you're bored of alcohol, i've considered it for years.
    with a name like will haycock you sound like a hillbilly. you act like a hillbilly. (have you ever listened to the clamtones?) find your nearest AA meeting and smoke the privvets instead. i'm sure you could be a realy interesting guy to have a night out with but minus the alcohol. i'm getting to old to keep rescuing guys who have quite deservedly been knocked out. chill my man.
    "i was cleaning my jacknife when you did appear.
    had to fight with you, i cut off your ear.
    yodelaye little darlin' dont you come here no more.
    take this as a warning get your ear from my floor!"
    the clamtones..no? oh well , keep on keepin on.
    I know exactly what you mean. All used to go out and get pist of my head but made an idiot of myself so much it just got boring. Only just started taking pills but so much better. No beer goggles for one thing :D Still not use to the comedown but its a far site better than a bad hangover
    HA HA! I just saw the funniest thing..on the news that is..som guy frm my hometown (sniff) popped a goal and the goal keeper kicked it bac in wiv anger..heh heh..

NEWAY...iv neva been drunk..in fact there is sooooooo much u can do wiv out bein drunk or gettin "mashed"...while my mates get in the "mood" weather its thru drinkin or mashin...heh heh..i just tend 2 think how cool it wud b 2 place them on a train track...then watch them get splattered..and then scrape their bodies up and put it in a nursery playground and watch the children inspect this new, wet, odd lookin thing...then i will watch the teachers...ok thats enuff...

But u do c where i am goin wiv this rite?

:crazyeyes

S**** x
    Ummm no not really.

What the hell are you going on about you sick freak?

You also need to learn how to write in English.
    i'd agree. what the FUCK ru on about?????????:confused:
    pissed

ello, first post here.
    um.. i dunno if anyone else ever feels like this but like when i first started drinking a few years back it was really good and i'd lose my inhibitions and shit but nowadays if i drink i'm always saying to myself 'alright this stuff's meant to be making me lose my inhibitions' therefore making me more conciously aware of the thing i'm meant to be doing therefore making me more nervous about doing it. That was kinda what led to me using pills i spoze.
    ol x
    Originally posted by customised_doll
    HA HA! I just saw the funniest thing..on the news that is..som guy frm my hometown (sniff) popped a goal and the goal keeper kicked it bac in wiv anger..heh heh..

NEWAY...iv neva been drunk..in fact there is sooooooo much u can do wiv out bein drunk or gettin "mashed"...while my mates get in the "mood" weather its thru drinkin or mashin...heh heh..i just tend 2 think how cool it wud b 2 place them on a train track...then watch them get splattered..and then scrape their bodies up and put it in a nursery playground and watch the children inspect this new, wet, odd lookin thing...then i will watch the teachers...ok thats enuff...

But u do c where i am goin wiv this rite?

:crazyeyes

S**** x
    i'm gonna keep my beady little eye on you.
    your going to be fun. but i smell toast on the horizon. do tell us more.
    Originally posted by AGENT_PHUNK

i haven't stopped drinking alcohol totally, i just don't seem to want to get pissed, i just have a few and have a bit of a laugh.

This sounds like just like me. I still want to drink, but getting pissed just seems to make me behave like a twat, which no-one likes. But having a few every now and again is fun. At the moment, I'm cutting down a bit, because it's post-Christmas, and I've been wasting enough money on it really :D Next time I have a drink I'll be a bit more controlled with it. Be better for me and my mates.

anyway, that's me... but i'm not suggesting you turn to (illegal) drugs just cos you're bored of alcohol, i've considered it for years.

I've thought about taking cocaine and speed, which having the opposite effect of alcohol might be better for my behaviour, but it doesn't seem worth it really. A lot of factors put me off, such as the prospect of getting a nasty criminal conviction which i'll have to put on my CV, the fact that you don't know what you're getting, the expensive cost, and the fact that most of my mates aren't doing it. Think I'll just stick to drink for now at least.

the prospect of ending up writing stuff like customised_doll does is possibly enough to put me off for life! :D
    FUCK OFF! I aint writin in the "proper english" on here cuz its not like this is guna get marked...and freak i am 4 id rather b that than b a drunken weed sniffer.....and well arent we all a bit freakish i mean ppl that dont surf usually call those that do freaks rite..or nerds...so enuff of the bitchin...plz...o sorry PLEASE....

Neway...i will tell u more, guy that has a pic of the guy that looks like the guy that was in WHO SHOT BUGS BUNNY...i think thats wat it was called...u kno the 1 wiv Jessica Rabbit...the girl wiv the J-Lo butt....

SO i go on the bus rite and its like ppl stare and i think 2 myself..Y? i mean yeh im kinda cute but then i think..well..not every girl is lesbian mentally like me so that cant b rite...so i think...rite i hav like som sort of "thing" around me that makes me xtra special or mayb a ghost has liked followed me frm the grave cuz like the ghost probably fancied me.....wow soooooo cool.

I love cemeteries......

Wat toast? :confused:
    That thing I said was a joke. I didn't realise you'd take offence, but i'm sorry, ok?
    Sure its not being marked, but i prefer to read a post only once not 3 times trying to work out what the hell you are on about!

Either you have taken a lot of drugs & your are spouting mad gibberish because of that, therefore you are in the right forum, or you just spout mad gibberish anyway in which case you need to go to "Anything Goes" & entertain them with your stories of putting people on train tracks & then letting children poke at it with sticks.

:rolleyes:
    if your bored of getting drunk, either stop doing it for a while or find some new paople to have a couple of drinks with. there's no need to get absolutely mullered whenever you go out either.

By the way, pills are NOT the answer if you're bored of drinking.
    Originally posted by mrkikiet
    if your bored of getting drunk, either stop doing it for a while or find some new paople to have a couple of drinks with. there's no need to get absolutely mullered whenever you go out either.

I have stopped doing it for a bit. I used to get some alcohol from somewhere every week, even if I didn't go out with my mates or whatever, I'd get some cans from Sainsbury's and get hammered. I don't have to do that all the time now, I'm beginning to appreciate the fun of just having a drink every now and again. If you have alcohol all the time, it becomes less fun, and it doesn't do your healthy many favours, but I think it was largely to do with image. I kind of thought it was cool to be a piss artist. I suppose really I'm not so bored of getting drunk as I am of pissing people off as a result of it. I guess I still want to drink, but don't want to get drunk any more. It's too much of a hassle for other people, and the shame is no fun to live with. Any particular reason why I should find new people?

By the way, pills are NOT the answer if you're bored of drinking.

I wouldn't have thought so. I've been offered e but didn't want to do it, and it was a bit of a rip-off anyway. It just makes people hyper, that stuff. The very last thing I need!

Anyway, I want to know about other people. are they bored of drinking, why are they bored, and how have they handled it?
    FUCK OFF! I aint writin in the "proper english" on here cuz its not like this is guna get marked

No text talk is one of the sites rules.Respect them.
    xxx
    FUCK OFF! I aint writin in the "proper english" on here cuz its not like this is guna get marked...and freak i am 4 id rather b that than b a drunken weed sniffer.....and well arent we all a bit freakish i mean ppl that dont surf usually call those that do freaks rite..or nerds...so enuff of the bitchin...plz...o sorry PLEASE....

Neway...i will tell u more, guy that has a pic of the guy that looks like the guy that was in WHO SHOT BUGS BUNNY...i think thats wat it was called...u kno the 1 wiv Jessica Rabbit...the girl wiv the J-Lo butt....

SO i go on the bus rite and its like ppl stare and i think 2 myself..Y? i mean yeh im kinda cute but then i think..well..not every girl is lesbian mentally like me so that cant b rite...so i think...rite i hav like som sort of "thing" around me that makes me xtra special or mayb a ghost has liked followed me frm the grave cuz like the ghost probably fancied me.....wow soooooo cool.

I love cemeteries......

:yeees:

You are not a "freak". The very fact that you regard yourself as such defies itself. You are not interesting, special, or funny. You are exactly the same as everyone else (minus brain-cells) and you know it. You bore everyone. No-one is interested in what you have to say, because they know you are merely clawing for attention. Come back with something interesting to say and we may listen.
    *ahem*

wow.
    Originally posted by will haycock

I've been offered e but didn't want to do it, and it was a bit of a rip-off anyway. It just makes people hyper, that stuff. The very last thing I need!

You'd be very suprised how pills affect you if thats the sum total of your knowledge, not that I wish to encourage you, but they are considerably better than alcohol, they certainly took me by suprise :)
    pills are very different to alcohol, they seemto affect me differently to other people. i.e. i never want to dance when on pills, they are however a much cheaper night out than boozing.

For me part of the joy of a couple of drinks is the banter. i find that if i'm with people i don't have particularly good banter with i end up drinking a lot more. Just a thought.

I do get bored of dinking, but it's more the hangovers that are starting to really get me.
    Just as a bit of side note to this post, My girlfriend & I were watching the news last night & it a bit about how one of the Bee Gees had died in a Miami Hospital came on. In a past interview he was saying about how the biggest flaw in his character was his drinking.... My Girlfriend turned to me & said " you know drink has a lot to answer for" & god how true is that? Look at people like George Best who drank himself yellow & screwed his liver, the many people killed becasue of drink driving & the amount of arguments / fights that would never of happened if drink had not been a factor?

When you think about it, whether we realise it or not there is a lot pressure to drink. Social pressure, how many times have you been out & heard comments or recieved them your self "come on you big tart, your not keeping up!" or "down in one, down in one" Then you look at the most popular soaps & the characters spend half their waking hours in the boozer, TV adverts, magazine adverts Its bloody everywhere....
    Originally posted by mrkikiet
    pills are very different to alcohol, they seemto affect me differently to other people. i.e. i never want to dance when on pills, they are however a much cheaper night out than boozing.

For me part of the joy of a couple of drinks is the banter. i find that if i'm with people i don't have particularly good banter with i end up drinking a lot more. Just a thought.

I do get bored of dinking, but it's more the hangovers that are starting to really get me.

Thing with alcohol though, is you do know what you're getting, which I think is important. True, an aspirin which you've bought (because you thought it was a pill) wouldn't do you any harm but it'd be a waste of money!

When I drink socially, the people either like to play drinking games or just like to talk and don't notice the drinking much. The former obviously tends to make me drink a lot, which doesn't bother me in itself, it's just the way I behave as a result! I guess I should just say 'I'm not playing, you know what happened last time' or something. The latter depends on whether there's anything to talk about. If there isn't, I tend to find myself ordering quite a few drinks.

I know what you mean about the hangovers, they are awful! I've had two of them in my life, and I can tell you I don't want any more. That's part of the reason why I don't like getting pissed any more.
    HA HA...well if i was clawin 4 attention then this wudnt b the way i wud go ahead and do it...christ i was just muckin around..God every1 is sooooooooo borin..it wud b cool just 2 hav som1 wiv minus the braincells and plus the humour..kno wat i mean.

I think som1 on here got dumped and is lettin off alot of frustration on the female side..kno wat i mean..*ahem*

S****

:naughty:
    HA HA...well if i was clawin 4 attention then this wudnt b the way i wud go ahead and do it...

Then why didnt you just ignore my post?

christ i was just muckin around..God every1 is sooooooooo borin..it wud b cool just 2 hav som1 wiv minus the braincells and plus the humour..kno wat i mean....

Please.

I think som1 on here got dumped and is lettin off alot of frustration on the female side..kno wat i mean..*ahem*

Sorry youre wrong...anything interesting to say?

S****

:naughty:

thought not.

I love cemeteries......

no. It's sarcasm. It is. It's all sarcasm. If it isn't I have lost my faith in humanity.
    Choke...i feel like strangling u...then that wud giv u a reason 2 call urself choke!!!

Plz dont qoute me,....its copy-righted!!

S**** (customised doll this is..)
    *tumbleweed*
    Originally posted by PositivePain
    Choke...i feel like strangling u...then that wud giv u a reason 2 call urself choke!!!

Plz dont qoute me,....its copy-righted!!

S**** (customised doll this is..)

Um, once again, I didn't post that. Incase anyone got confused, that was customised doll's post. Somehow we got our wire crossed and she got into my account.

I don't want to strangle you, choke. (although I do think customised doll is kinda funny).:)
    Bored with getting Drunk

Well Well Well, sounds like someone is getting the pill itch, i remember when i got it, i was 17 and sick and tired of getting pissed every second weekend!!!

That was when my boy friend took me to my first rave, and i loved it, it was great!!!

So now i bearly drink and when i do i am a really cheap date!!

I would take pills and other illegals over drink any day, you don't wake up with a hangover and you don't make a tit of your self, as long as you are in the right crowd!!!!

That is all i have to say!!