Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Travelling alone

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I fancy going travelling, have got quite alot of cash but dont wont to go on me own and me mates are all skint, in a relationship or dont wont to leave there jobs. Any ideas??

Need to rent-a-buddy for world travels!!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey there how are you. Just thought i would come a share my advice. I found that i had a much better time going travelling on my own. I met so many people that i am still in touch with now and i dont feel that i would have met half of them if i had went with someone. At least if you are on your own then you have to go out and make the effort. Where u wanting to go.
    Useful articles:

travelling alone

safety abroad

Susie :)
    I'm thinking about travelling alone aswell, mainly because my friends don't want to go backpacking like I do and they also don't want to go for as long as I do.

I don't really want to go alone because I would enjoy having a friend with me even though I'm sure I'd met heaps of new people. So I'll wait and see for a while and maybe I can't twist one of their arms or find someone who wants do travel with me.
    CONTIKI

You wanna travel? travel with contiki, they are great. you go with a group of people your own age and you see a whole buch of stuff u'd never see otherwise. Within ten minutes of my contiki trip, i had so many new friends - most ppl travel alone. We still keep in contact and i had the best time.

Kally -
    Re: Travelling alone
    Originally posted by Tecknotart
    I fancy going travelling, have got quite alot of cash but dont wont to go on me own and me mates are all skint, in a relationship or dont wont to leave there jobs. Any ideas??

Need to rent-a-buddy for world travels!!

I know exactly what you mean i went to Oz last year for 5 weeks and i didnt want to go alone so i went with a friend i didnt know very well and to be honest i spent most of my time doing my own thing anway i probably only spent 30% if the time with her !

We just had breakfast shared a nice place to stay and flew from place to place together really but knowing youll meet up l8r does give you some security that youre not gonna be stuck doing nothing !(not that u would really but)

I want to go back & drive right round Oz for a year but i cant do it till December this yr and again i dont really want to go on my own but after the brilliant experience i had this time i think i might just do that

Same here my mates are all skint or in relationships mortgages etc and having an Ozzie passport (& British) i may just stay there who knows after a year i may not want to come back

Try TNTmagazine.com they have lots of people wanting travel buddys for Road Trips etc & from place to place

hope this helps !:D
    did you like australia then? You have probably seen more of it than me! I was going to go round australia, but i decided i'd rather go to europe!
    Oh, and by the way, you won't want to stay here if john howard is still prime minister
    Originally posted by Kally
    did you like australia then? You have probably seen more of it than me! I was going to go round australia, but i decided i'd rather go to europe!
    Oh, and by the way, you won't want to stay here if john howard is still prime minister

Yeah Oz was fantastic im actually 1/2 Australian anyway i have both passports courtesy of my mother bieng from there so me & sis are both citizens by descent ! (quite handy really)

im prpbably gonna spend the rest of the year over here then go back travel for a year then settle down somewhere

Why won't i want to stay here if john howard is still prime minister ????????????????????
    I have backpacked extensively within Third World countries, particularly within the Middle East and within India (Tamil Nadu next I think).

I find it far more exciting to travel alone, for one can truly interact with the locals; see far more sights; and experience considerably more general life per day than with someone else. Indeed, I am able to see what I want exactly when I want to. That said, I had a very enjoyable trip with a girlfriend, but I would NEVER travel with more than one other person.