Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

new type of pill (jasmine?)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anyone out there tried the new type of contraceptive pill (I think it's called Jasmine)? Or heard anything about it? I have tried many types of pill over the last few years, to try and reduce hormone related headaches. Whilst the headaches have reduced, I haven't been able to find a pill that suits me. I have had irregular bleeding whilst using all of them (and yes, I did keep trying them for a period of at least 3 months!).I am trying a new type of pill now, (I'm at the end of the first pack), but if this doesn't work, my doctor is looking into this new pill. I'd just like to know a bit about it before going back to the doctors, and hear people's opinions. Thanks, Tates xxx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I believe it's called Yasmin, not Jasmine. My friend used to take it but had to switch because she developed an enlarged cyst, and that might have been the cause of it. Now she is on Ortho-Tri Cyclin, which most of my friends and I use. If you haven't tried Ortho you should, I don't get any side effects from it, and I only had irregular bleeding for the first month on it.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i am on Yasmin at the moment (been on it for about 7 months because previous pill Microgynon 30 was making me put on weight grr).
    This pill has lived up to its hype for me, ive lost a stone and i havent done anything at all except take the pill so i am now eight stone from nine! i don't get head aches or migraines from this pill, its been a good change.