Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Drugs Taken

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Kiezo

The stuff sold in the UK doesn't count as seperate, but some of the brands sold abroad contain a chemical found in wormwood, called thujone.

The drink has psychoactive effects due to the combination of the thujone, and acohol.

Ahhhhhhhh

I knew 'proper' Absinthe was illegal here but I thought that was just for its alcohol content.

My mate knows a bar where they sell the real stuff from under the counter.

Costs about £6 a shot!
    I thought it was legit here.
    I've never seen the proper 80% stuff on sale, its normally about 50 - 60% here........
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I thought it was legit here.

So did I.

Only one bar I know sells it though, at £4 a shot.
    Absinthe without the thujone is legal, it just has a high alcohol content.

The kind with thujone is illegal here, though.
    Well that clears that up then.

I had a nice coctail with it in a while ago with ginger beer, they went very well together. I just thought that I'd add that.
    Just to set things straight.. Absynthe without Thujone is not absynthe, it is called pastis like Pernod. Unlike in France, Abysnthe was never made illegal in the UK, instead strict control of the thujone content was monitored. The maximum legal content of thujone per kg is 10mg. This is far from the days of the abysnthe of Van Gogh when the average was around 120-140mg of thujone. The thujone was very bitter and hence the reason why sugar is slowly heated and then added to the drink.
    You can buy high strength thujone (60mg) absynthe over the internet though I'm not sure of the legal status of doing so. Check out the link for more info. www.absinthe4u.co.uk :)
    oops... someone already said what i said here... never mind.

i swear that post wasnt there before :confused:

never mind!
    Have you not just repeated what I already said in the previous post? I see Kiezos nicked my old sig ...and if u go chasing rabbits...
    i... i... *breaks down* had a sip of my dads whiskey once. :nervous:
    havent been the same since
    Originally posted by White Rabbit
    I see Kiezos nicked my old sig

Sorry, I didn't realise you were in Jefferson Airplane.
    anyone tried GBH
    had it over in greece last year. interesting.
    bit of a coke addict myself, calmed down a lot recently tho due to a 'misunderstanding' with mr. D.
    Quite a few people on here have a bit of experiance with GHB, it can be a safe and relatively harmless drug but it also can be very very dangerous.
    I'd advise against buying it from people you dont know very well and I'd also say that buying it in liquid form is a mistake.

Personaly I think GHB is a very misunderstood drug which gets a lot of bad press, it is abused but it can be safe and making it illegal will NOT make it any safer or protect one woman from date rape.
    Cannabis (all forms)

Magic Mushrooms (fresh and dried. dried is a whole lot better)

Ectasy: Dropped and snorted

I was offered speed when i was 13 but i refused. I was too scared at that age to try anything but weed.
    I have been offered some acid tabs for my birthday (March 30th). Could anyone offer me some good advice about the effects, dangers and any other helpful advice to make my trip an enlightened one.
    A lot of people feel that acid is a 'stronger' drug than mushies, I'm not really so sure. They do work in similar ways (not chemicaly) but they have quite different feels to them.

Mushrooms are more visual, feel nicer on the body and in most cases have a nice pleasurable feel, very spiritual.

Acid isnt as visual really, more introspective, you can feel it really working on your thought patterns, it can truely show you a different side to the world, but thats not always a great thing. It does feel like a preaty harsh chemical, theres no body load though. That and it lasts twice as long.

Hmmm, any tips? Same with any drug really, know what your getting and who your getting it from, be in a good frame of mind, acid will NOT cheer you up. Be with people you know and trust and be in a place where you can relax.
    I'd advise you take a small dose at first, see how you get on with it and then at the 1hr mark maybe take some more.
    Originally posted by fatherbarre2001

Ectasy: Dropped and snorted

I have been offered some acid tabs for my birthday (March 30th). Could anyone offer me some good advice about the effects, dangers and any other helpful advice to make my trip an enlightened one.

Yopu might get more replies if you start your own thread on this subject.

Advice........Dont snort pills ! Yeah its a way to get a fast hit, but its no good for you.

Acid........Only do it if you are sure you want to, dont do it if you are not happy doing it. Only do it with people you are close to or trust.
    Start off just doing a half and then see how you are in an hour.

Acid is great fun when its going well, if you get paranoid or fuck up then you can be in trouble, remember its all in your head and your head sort of control the trip with your mood.

If you are happy it will be funny

If you are sad or depressed or worried it can play on that too.

Be careful and have a good birthday !

:D
    I'd aggree with that, snorting pills burns like a bastard, not quite as bad as meth but still preaty nasty.
    I'd aggree with that, snorting pills burns like a bastard, not quite as bad as meth but still preaty nasty.
    From the age of 14 to 26 Im 28 now, I have used and abused the following drugs which Im not proud of and which have caused a lot of pain for myself and those closest to me:
    firstly Speed,Temazepam,E,Coke.(At first I used the downers for comedowns)Hash,Temgesic,DF118,Upjohns,Diazepam,LSD,Shrooms,MSTs, Morphine Diamorphine(Heroin) IV,Diconol IV,Lorazepam,Pethidine, Methadone syrup&ampoules,Snowballs (Heroin&Cocaine mix),Crack,Cyclizine,Peach Palfiums(Dextromoramide),Methamphetamine,Codeine,Largatil,Librium,and many others,it was a very slippery slope one which was very easy to fall down when you are low on confidence,self esteem and a teenager trying to just fit in.
    To get off gear you really have to want it or its all for nothing,you can get all the best doctors,councillers etc but until the person with the problem realises he/she has to want to do it for themselves theres not much anyone else can do.
    [

All these people who claim to have taken smack once :eek2: what is the point? When you take it for the first time your body rejects it and you become very ill. It is only on your second hit that your body is forced to accept it and you get the hit. However usually you will be hooked from there on in. :( [/B][/QUOTE]

When you take Heroin for the first time you do not reject it,some people feel sick and ill first time and never go back to it.Others love the sensation the drug gives.Heroin is the fastest acting opioid when injected it passes the blood/brain barrier in 8 seconds binding to the opiate receptors in the brain.Someone new to Heroin would have to inject around .5 of a gram everyday for around 2 weeks before they became addicted,smoking it would take the proccess a bit longer.
    Ask any Heroin user and they always go on about their first "hit" being the best ever and thats the buzz they chase forever but they never ever get it back.
    Yes people can be ill and even OD and die from their first hit other people can use Heroin occasionally and never actually become addicted,though I imagine they are more the exception than the rule.
    ive never touched anything or never smoked anything

however i do like my drink hehehe

;)
    I don't mean to offend but why is it that people who have never taken drugs come onto the drug message board just to say exactly that?
    Highlander; It sounds like you basicaly like to raid the prescription pad. I cant say I recognise quite a few of those.
    I was into downers more than uppers especially Temazepan,Valium,Heroin or any strong opiate.Im on 90mg of meth a day now which is worse than the actual gear but ive not used in a while as the gear up here is crap but if I go down south I use only very occasionally.If I was to pick my favourite buzz it would have to be Diconol (Dykies,Pinks) we'd put usually 4 in a 2ml barrel and shake them up with hot water.I havent seen dykies for ages apart from a couple here and there.I last remember they were £5 a piece but well worth it.
    Does anyone still come by Dykies these days?
    I presume you mean methadone rather than crystal, and no I havent heard of Dykies, I cant say I come accross much script stuff, just the odd val.
    weed - daily up until 6 months ago when I just out of nowhere stopped! :)
    ecstasy - 5 times
    mushrooms - 4 times
    ketamine - 2 times (with ecstasy)

thats it
    Originally posted by highlander75
    Does anyone still come by Dykies these days?
    used to get diconol on script early 80's. six at a time up my arm.
    never knew where i was or what i was doing on those things. crawled on my hands and knees to a mates house in daylight through the busy manchester streets! hands and knees were fucked. why did i used to take shit like that i wonder to myself these days...
    Yep the meth Im on is Methadone.Id hate crystal meth.I like a bit of good crack now and then but only if Ive got benzos for the crash.
    Diconol were the bees knees do you remember getting "Pink Maddness" where you were so stoned youd go into mad trances and talk a load of shite to people but in your mind it made sense.I would say hitting up pinks is the best rush Ive had its just a pity theyre like goldust now.
    Anyway my girlfriend and I are off to Amsterdam today,our flight is at 4pm from Glasgow so we need to head soon.Its our first time there but Im not going to be like a zombie all the time I really want to see things and do normal things.Still I ant wait to try that King Hassan hash and Blueberry weed.
    If you do smack then i might too. i just wanna get high like you

i must be the luckiest mother funksta alive, coz im buying 40 diconol's (pinkies) every week for just 50 pence each, and im goin to get sum today man i cant wait......5 ov them are goin straight in the pin..booooch , heads gone
    This thread is 3 years old.
This discussion has been closed.