Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Blushing....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone else suffer from it? I suffer terribly! Its so annoying at work! Just say summfin to me and i can go as red as a tomato! Plus when i blush i can feel the veins pumping away and the drips of sweat start!

:(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    hiya! i do suffer from this blushing as well although i am quite confident!it's really weird, i don't go as red as i would if i was really embarassed but i can just go from pale faced to red faced in seconds flat! believe it or not one of my friends had this problem and a psychaitrist hypnotised her and it stopped happening to her! i may well have to try it.
    I blush really easily but it doesn't bother me as much as it used to & I don't seem to blush as easily either. What makes it worse is when someone says "You've gone red!" I always go red then even if I wasn't before! :D
    yeah i get! My cheeks go really red and warm, grrrrr i hate it!
    Hmmm i may see about being hypnotised, surely it will take a few sessions though?
    Re: Blushing....
    Originally posted by mark_steps
    Does anyone else suffer from it? I suffer terribly! Its so annoying at work! Just say summfin to me and i can go as red as a tomato! Plus when i blush i can feel the veins pumping away and the drips of sweat start!

yea i got the same problem, its a bloody pain :(
    yes yes, i blush so horribly too. it doesn't even have to be embaressing, just the other day i was talking to this guy from work, and i've only talked to him like once before so my face was bright red the whole time. oh its embaressing. at least i know it happens to others too :p
    He he i'm the same to its soo embarassing and the scary thing is when it happened and i was talking to my friends uncle and her little brat of a sister starting saying 'youve gone red you fancy my uncle!!' i could have died :blush:
    yeah I blush all the time, and it doesn't take much to make it happen!! I work in a shop and whenever people I know come in I just go bright red, and then one of my helpful co-workers will say "you've gone soooooooo red!" which will just make it 100 times worse! It's such a pain.
    I go red if I have to talk in class,if i do something embarrassing, etc etc.
    i used to blush really easy....really bad.but now i' what we say growing out of it.i still do blush fairly easy,but i'm learning to control it now a days.x.
    Re: Blushing....
    Originally posted by mark_steps
    Just say summfin to me and i can go as red as a tomato! Plus when i blush i can feel the veins pumping away and the drips of sweat start!:(

Maybe you're uncomfortable being near the people around you, or need to boost your confidence. Try initiating a conversation with them, instead of the other way around - I find that helps both then and in the future because you've gone over a boundary and realised they don't bite.

If it happens all the time, then I heard of an operation where they slit the nerves in your neck...
    When I was at Primary School, people use to call me 'Rosie' coz of my rosie cheeks and I just to take huge beamers all the time. Ughhh... I just to hate it so much. :blush:

But now I aint so bad, although I still have my moments were I take huge beamers over nothin - which I just laugh at. Slowly but surely I've been able to control them a bit better now.
    Dont think i like the sound of someone cutting away at me! But then again i dont fancy going red for years to come. Its such a pain as peeps always comment on how bright you have went which makes it billions times worse.
    Even when i initiate chats, it happens. I have tried to control it and take slow deep breathes etc but its no use!

I think it's a relatively simple procedure. The arterioles leading to the face are stimulated to relax, dilating them and increasing their diameter. This means more blood reaches the capillaries in the skin and you get flustered and go red.
    I'm uncertain why this occurs, it's like a reflex.
    Cutting the nerves means the arterioles are not stimulated as much, so you might feel nervous still but don't get as flustered.

However,

It doesn't solve the problem of the way you'd be feeling and, like any operation, there's bound to be risks.

I say to work on your confidence, but start slow. I had a similar problem, and threw myself in the deep end in order to get over it. I panicked and freaked out. After this, talking to anyone terrified me because I was worrying about what would happen AND getting nervous.
    It's possible to be dealt with psychologically. It just takes time to get over the threshold, but once you do - you wonder why you blushed at all.
    I think it happens to almost everyone, but some people are just better at hiding it. I still find myself nervous and blushing around certain people still, as I'm sure most people do.