Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Frequent Peeing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, before anyone suggests it I am 100% definately not pregnant!

Anyway, it doesn't matter how little I drink, I am still getting up several (read about 15!) times a night to pee. Anyone know what could be wrong?

Comments

• Options
    I can't really say if its the same thing or not, but my roomate had/has this problem. She went and talked to her doctor and she said that it was what she was drinking that was causing the problem. Her advice was no caffine after 6, and that includes caffine free pop. She said to drink water and not to drink anything in great amounts right before bed. I don't know if that helps, but I hope it does :)
  • Options
    I always seem to pee more in the cold wheather for some reasons, although maybe not 15 times a night! Its just a posibility (but dont quote me on this) that it could be cystitus, that makes you pee a lot. But I'm not an expert, it could be anything really so you should go to see a doctor really.

If you dont want to do that straight away you could phone NHS Direct, they might have some advice (they'll certainly know better than I do) 0845 46 47 is the number.

Hope that helps!
  • Options
    BumbleBee, time for a trip to your GP! Get it checked out, it could be cystitis or a number of other things.
  • Options
    A mate of mine had this problem and turned out to be diabetic, like Karla said it's best to see your doctor because there are lots of possible things it could be :)
  • Options
    BumbleeBee are you always thirsty? because this is one of the signs for Diabetes. Just a thought but with a blood test its easy enough to diagnose :)

Id get it checked, because as already said it could be a number of things. Ive had a bad case of cystitis only once, but I was in agony. I had very severe burning and pain when passing water, so if it is cystitis dont let it get too bad before you decide to visit your doc :)
  • Options
    If you're peeing much and it is Diabetes, then it'll be like an on-going spiral. You see, when gtting those symptoms then usually you drink, pee, feel thirsty, drink, pee. And never seem to drink enough, or go to the toilet enough.

Other signs on Diabetes could be tiredness and unmotivation.
  • Options
    I don't think it is cystitis because I just pee, there is no pain or anything. Never.

Last year I went to the doctor about something else and he said I was higly sensitive to changes in temperature (there was a name for it but can't recall it just now!) so I am hoping that this is what it is.

However, if it doesn't stop in a few days I'll pack myself off to the docs!