Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Can't breath

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Since September 2001 I've been unable to breathe properly. At the end of a breath I burp and I feel my lungs "clicking" and can never get enough air. I've had to endure this uncomfortable pain despite countless visits to the doctor who's gone from putting me on 2 different sorts of inhalers to reffering me to a clinic and hospital to be X-rayed and have a camera stuck down my nose (treacherous!). They haven't found anything whatsoever.

My current inhalers, which aren't having any effect, means I'll have to go to hospital again and have a camera down my throat (great), but I was wondering if anyone had experienced anything similar? I feel this is getting worse, perhaps I have cancer or a tumour? Any way I can get around this?

Comments

• Options
    I doubt you have a cancer or a tumour. Have you changed your diet in the last few months? Eating somthing new? It maybe that you are having a reaction to somthing I dunno. Years and years ago I was kicked in the chest and since then every so often my chest tightens and I have to take a deep breath to loosen it.
  • Options
    same with me.i find it difficult to breath properly...feels like someone is pushing a brick down on my chest or something.you try to get more air,but you're lungs just won't let you take it in.been to the dr's and they couldn't find anything wrong with me at all.although i only tend to suffer with this problem in hot weather....round in summer time and spring.