Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Spots?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I don't really suffer from spots but my forhead get's quite spotty. I have tried stuff like Oxy but they just wont go. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    If you have a fringe, and you hair tends to get greasy easily, then you should wash your hair more often, and the grease won't affect your skin.
  • Options
    It will either be grease from your hair, your hair irritating the skin on your forehead, grease from resting your head in your hands a lot or sweat. Just give your forehead a wipe with soft tissue or cotton wool a few times a day to remove any greese or sweat that has built up on it.
  • Options
    if the oxy isn't working, it might be your diet.
    try drinkin more water, less salts, and watch what you put on your face. when washing your face use hot water, because it open up ya pores! see how that goes for two weeks or so!

don't worry about cutting down on chocolate because that doesn't give people spots at all!

good luck, love xax
  • Options
    I have an ok diet...Don't eat crisps, chocolate, junk food in general. I drink lots of water but I think if anything I'm not eating enuff.
  • Options
    Do you drink 2 litres of pure water a day (Not tea, Cofee or fruit juices) ...Try to..Have a bottle with you all day. It will work.
  • Options
    Lots of fruit & veg(like 8 portions a day so my Health Promo friends say!) should do it!
  • Options
    First thing is make sure your diet is good - like everyone says - loadsa water is the best cure!
    Otherwise you can get stuff over the counter at the chemist which is quite good, although it does dry out your skin a bit
  • Options
    I drink about 5 pints of water a day and eat good foods. There is a good cream which I think you can take from the doctors but I can't remember what it's called.
  • Options
    If it's really bad or has been there for a long time, or is leaving scars, go to the doctor.