Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Age and the LAW

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Friends of mine wish to visit and they have a 16 year old and my question is would I be placing myself in danger with the law even thought the age of consent is now 16 (for both male and females)? The parents are aware of my previous record and agree that as the 16 year old is above the age of consent they see no problem. Please also note that my age is 32....

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ummm, what's your previous record you speak of ??
    Re: Age and the LAW
    Originally posted by qazwaz
    Friends of mine wish to visit and they have a 16 year old and my question is would I be placing myself in danger with the law even thought the age of consent is now 16 (for both male and females)?

Friends of yours wish to visit and have a 16 year old...

A sixteen year old sacrifice? A sixteen year old sex-slave? What?

If you're asking if its okay for friends of yours to visit with their sixteen year old daughter then I think the fact you are asking this shows that it would be inadvisable. It's like you're assuming something is going to happen, even though this is a total stranger to you, and frankly, that's weird and creepy!
    Re: Age and the LAW
    Originally posted by qazwaz
    Friends of mine wish to visit and they have a 16 year old and my question is would I be placing myself in danger with the law even thought the age of consent is now 16 (for both male and females)? The parents are aware of my previous record and agree that as the 16 year old is above the age of consent they see no problem. Please also note that my age is 32....

What, are you arranging some sort of ritualistic orgy or something? Are you going to bed her whilst her parents sleep next door? And they know this? hmmmm.
    I have to say that the vert fact you are asking seems to mean that she would be unsafe at your house!
    The age of consent has been 16 for many many years now, but that doesn't mean you can sleep with anyone over that age simply because you legally can!

I think they would be ill advised bringing their daughter to stay with you.
    Well if my sister was 16 and she was seeing a bloke of 32 I'd brake his legs.:)
    I am totally disturbed that you would even ask anything like that here. I mean what do you have in mind? What's your previous record? What's your intent? Or are you just leaving silly messages to freak people out?