Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What will you be doing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
New Years Eve???

Whats everyone doing?

I will not be going out, too much hassle. everyone getting pissed then turning into the hard people that they think they are, then mass batteling:)

So I will be staying in............cos im a boring fart really :p

Comments

• Options
    Re: What will you be doing
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    New Years Eve???

Whats everyone doing?

I will not be going out, too much hassle. everyone getting pissed then turning into the hard people that they think they are, then mass batteling:)

I know what you mean about going out...never done it for new years, never plan to.
    The thought of celebrating in a 'plastic' pub/bar doesn't appear. Southampton is pretty rough, too.

I'm going to my mum's house. :)
    To drink wine and beer, and probably listen to blues (my stepdad has a better taste in music than my mum...).

You, Becky, will have to stay at the Nunnery :p
  • Options
    You know what even if Id planned to go out, something would crop up :(

Like a couple of weeks ago I planned to go out for a Christmas night bash, as you do. What happens? Babysitter cancels like at 20 mins notice, so bang went my christmas night out :mad:

Just before that invited friends round for dinner. Bought all the stuff, food and plenty of booze. What happens? Sarah my mate was ill so couldnt make it. what a bloody waste :mad: Thats the 2nd time shes done that, wont be a 3rd time :D

I just have no luck whatsoever :(
  • Options
    I'm going out to get completely wrecked. Wrecked like I've never been wrecked before.

Then we're hitting the town for a dance about, it's gonna be sooo great. Meeting some mates I aint seen for donkeys years, I've been looking forward to it for ages.

Can't get too drunk though, got an Aberdeen game to go to the next day :crazyeyes
  • Options
    New Years Eve???

me too. but hopflly the house will be fill of lunies and moonshine. i'll fall over pissed and then it will all be over for another year and i can get back to normal drinking eating and smoking. after three weeks of burpin n farting!
  • Options
    My exe is coming down with my dogs so gonna spend the night with them,

i know im strange but aint seen them for two months. (The dogs)
  • Options
    I going out (hopefully) to get drunk,dance, and have alaugh :)

don't no where yet though either my mates party, or some of my friendss are going up too london, but i don't think that is a good idea though i probably wouldn't be able to find my way back home again...:D
  • Options

I will be doing the same as you for the same reasons as you. That and extortionate babysitter rates/charges to get in places.
  • Options
    I can't be doing with going out for New Year. You can't get a seat in the pub, if you can get a seat then you can't get to the bar. If you can get to the bar you spend most of the night stuck there trying to get served.

Then there are no taxis. Nightmare.

I shall be staying in in my cosy warm house, watching tv, drinking beer and eating cocktail sausages.

At the risk of sounding like a boring old fart, I really don't see anything particularly special about New Year anyway, it's just another day to me.
  • Options
    Working. Then drinking. Then as soon as it turns 12 im off to bed :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fifi La Drools
    At the risk of sounding like a boring old fart, I really don't see anything particularly special about New Year anyway, it's just another day to me.

I'd have to agree, but it's a good excuse to get pissed and spend a bit of money.
  • Options
    Nothing amazing, will probably just stay at home with my parents & get drunk with my Dad. :D

Unless I get a better offer anyway!
  • Options
    I'll be going to one of the local club with my mates like we do every year gettting drunk, dancing, having a laugh and kissing random men. It's just gotta be done!!
  • Options
    me and the bf decided not to go out this new year as its our first together so we booked a hotel suite and are gunna spend it there :D
  • Options
    I'unno. We're having a party at our house, so undoubted everyone will be drunk, my mother will pass out again, my dad will chase me with an axe again and I'll end up hiding in a bush up the street somewhere. And there will be a fight. And as I don't drink any more, I'll probably end up stoned. face85.giflookaround.gifrain.gif
  • Options
    I had two irons in the fire, which both disappeared two days ago.

1 - was going to Godskitchen with one of my flatmates. He opted out because he wanted to save money for an air flight ticket in January.

2 - was hanging around with a local mate, having a few drinks. He decided that he is now going back to Birmingham university to celebrate it with his flatmates.

Then today (Sun @ 9:45pm), I had two text messages:

1 - The Godskitchen flatmate, has after all, decided to go to Gods.

2 - My sister has invited me up to her Manchester flat for a booze-up down one of the local Didsbury pubs with a couple of her friends.

Both texts arrived exactly at the same time. Sod's law and short notice! Godskitchen is £22 advance ticket. I can order it online, and claim the ticket on the door with proof of ID. I haven't got a printer on the computer I'm using, so it is probably a lost cause as for showing evidence.

It will be nice to see my l'il sis. We are pretty much on the same wavelength, and we'll more than likely get royally f*cked on the night. If the pub is too crowded, there is always vodka and Archers in the fridge.
  • Options
    Ugh... whatever happened to good old house parties, where you could drink insane amounts with your close (or not so close) friends, throw up in your own toliet and pass out on a couch without having to get yourself transported back from a bar? Not to mention rockin' the gang' without having to be told that it's "not allowed" within the bar. It's a house party for me, glad to see one or two of you are with me. *g*Do believe I'll be partying with my dear friend Jim Beam... he's quite a mellow individual, with just a hint of smokiness. ;)
  • Options
    I'll be going to my local pub. Tickets only cos £1 although the drink proves will be sky high as they always are at this timeof year up there!

All my friends are going and probably most of the people in my village who managed to get a ticket before they sold out.

Am not planning on getting too drunk as my grandfather is coming over the next day for dinner (he lives in County Durham and we live in Tyne & Wear - he never ever somes to see us so we joke that he is 'getting his passport stamped'!!)

Anyway, I much prefer New Year to Xmas. Less religious connotations, although some smart arse is probably going to come up with something now!! I wish I could give my gifts to people as New Year gifts, it'd be cheaper too!

Actually, next year I am going to suggest to my mum that we wait until a few days before New Year to give presents that way everyone will get more for their money!
  • Options
    the night will most likely end in me helping 2 other people. one spending the night with her head in the toilet and the other one lying on the floor in her nasty.
    never fails... why do my parties always suck. next time i think i'll just leave them and contuinue myself. i want to be selfish.