Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

worst break-up.... EVER!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok so on sunday night i was lying in bed when my phone beeps twice because i've got two text messages right after each other. it was my girlfriend of two months who i was crazy about telling me i was dumped! :mad:

she waited til i'd given her the rather expensive perfume for christmas, couldn't even say it to my face or at the very least over the phone and to top it all really fucked up my christmas! :mad: :mad:

does anyone have any worse break up stories that highlight my melodramatic tendencies? sorry to rant, but it was cold!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Breaking up with g/f (all my fault for a violent act not towards her), been going for year and 2 months, but as soon as she told me it was over it made me realise how much i loved her and how much i wanted her to which i took for granted throughout the relationship.

Ok not as bad a breakup as a violent, or argument breakup but still has tore me apart, and buggered my life up.:(
    Sorry mate. :( Sounds like a bitch to do it by text though, and you can find someone new for new year.

I had a BF when I was 15 who I was totally into, rather than tell me it was over, he decided to simply snog someone in front of my face, the bastard.
    Originally posted by DiamondAFC
    as soon as she told me it was over it made me realise how much i loved her and how much i wanted her to which i took for granted throughout the relationship.

Sometime's it takes horrible things like that to realise how much you love someone. That's what happened when me & my boyf split up after he did something he shouldn't have. Made him realise what an idiot he'd been ;)
    i broke up with my ex paul, not once, not twice, not thrice, but..four times. yeah, skitzo.

once : i thought he took me for granted and i nagged as he didn't appreciate me. through a text, and he was nasty, callin me a drama queen, bitch, blah blah. said he had cheated on me when he hadn't just to annoy me cause i was on a rebound and he couldn't handle it, and it was just plain awkward as FUCK when we went out with all our friends.

twice : he put himself before me, i.e phoning taxis for him before me, when we went out, he never came out to see me cause he always was goin out with his mates. text, and phone call, i phoned him. once again nasty, sent me fake text messages on his mates' phone pretending to be soem guy i hooked up with. jealousy took him over when he found out i was on a rebound

thrice : he didn't spend any money on me, nor give me any xxx, wasn't putting anything into what we had. i didn't want to break up with him, and he ignored me etc and i panicked, and wanted him back cause i missed him.

four : ugliest ever. caused arguements with my mum and dad, my mum punched my dad cause i ducked out the way, all because of paul. my mum sent him an email saying stay away from me, and she phoned him too, saying stay away. we talk..rarely, and i miss him. but i'm not meant to.

remember i'm 19. yes, pathetic i know to have my mum do all that, but urgh. you dunno her capability. she has a temper of 578349758903782905347892057834920 lions on a rampage.

i miss paul, and i didn't appreciate him. it was an equal effort in the end, we both have drifted away from each other, but i like to reminice the good times, cause that's what past relationships are about. i know i'll find someone who'll be almost my equal, but when it happens i dunno, but i like to think it'll happen when least expected, but until then, it's best to just have fun, live young and do what you can only do this age, and not when you're all old and nassy.

:D
    My g/f told me she was with someone else and I was dumped in the same text, and was prepared to let me go to uni without ever talking to me again.

Bizzarely, 15 months on it's STILL happening. Someone told me she's got all my old love letters I gave her, under her pillow every night. And a whole load of complicated shite to go with it.

:crying:
    Well about a year ago i was going out with this boy who i was crazy about i was so confused why he wanted to be with me though, he was so perfect, and i thought he was really sweet, we went out a few times various places.
    one day he rang me saying how much he liked me and wanted to see me... then after that phone call i didn't here from him for a week i text him and rang him but no reply,

so my mate who had been going out with his best mate (but he dumped her the week before) rang him to see what was going on and he just said 'what about er' (meaning me like i'm worthless :rolleyes: ) she told me he said he would ring me in an hour but nope no phone call what a suprise :mad:

then the next day after having a really nice out with some mates i recieved a text message saying 'Sorry ***** doesn't want to be with you anymore' and if it wasn't bad enough being dumped by text but he couldn't even send the bloody text himself!!

then his best mate had the cheek to ask if i wanted to go out with him sometime :eek: well i certainly told him where to go :D
    well looks like he cursed me because ive had bad luck with men since :( oh well i'm only 16 got plenty of time to find 'the one' :rolleyes:
    LOL when i was 15 i was dumped via letter - really hurt at the time but now i can see the funny side especially since the guy turned out to be gay:eek: more recently (about 4 months ago) i was dumped after my then-boyfriend took me out all night and kept telling me how much he liked me and wanted to keep seeing me!! when he dropped me off at my house it was ...i dont think we should see each other anymore!! talk about unexpected!! now that was a horrible thing to do!!
    Originally posted by bad seed
    Never been dumped.
    That requires someone to like you in the first place.

Breaking up using text sucks...it's cowardly as hell.
    Did she even give you a reason?

it was the first time i'd ever been dumped so it hit me pretty bad but i had a kind of delayed reaction and it only sank in on monday night. really put me in the christmas spirit...
    i got dumped by text once, the guy ignored me for 2 weeks then, after i'd left hundreds of messages and texts, one night i got a text saying, 'i keep hearing stuff about you and i just dont think it's working out, so im ending it for the time being'
    bastards ay?
    I got dumped via a txt message in November by my girlfriend of 2 years!
    Am really sorry but she does sound like a complete bitch. I mean breaking someone through text is probably one of the shitest things in the world ever. U think that's bad though I once was dumped by someone who didn't even tell me: I had to find out through his best friend!
    My boyfriend broke up with me the day before new years eve, not even because he didnt love me or anything like that, but because he wanted to be a miserable git in 2003. What a nice new years i've had so far.
    mine happened about eight months ago, it still pisses me off to this day.

It was a sunday (go figure) and I hadn't school the next day, which helped. I rented a movie, and called him up wanting to know if he'd come over, snuggle up, and watch this movie with me.
    No, he couldn't, he was spending the day with his EX-girlfriend, and then had to go to band practice. That's alright with me. I was alright friends with his Ex, and I knew nothing would happen (even though, after they broke up *three months before we started dating* they still fooled around with each other up until the day before he asked me out)
    So, I finished watching the movie ALONE, and I went upstairs to check my messages and go to bed.
    a little message pops up on AOL IM at about 1:30am, with "we need to talk".
    alright, at this point, im kinda confused, because he's never said that before, but im reading. He starts talking. "so, you've noticed I've been different lately, kinda apathetic". at this point, im pacing around the room, so I know exactly whats happening.
    Near 4am, the break up is near-finalized, and we're over. But, he was to come by my place that tuesday to talk it out face to face, and get his things back. But he doesn't. Instead he hides away, ignores me, and goes out with his ex instead.
    Ever since he's been nice to me one second, been an absolute jerk the next, and then hangs me out to dry. not to mention like the near next day we broke up, he was back to fooling around with his ex. and to this day im suspicious of what went on the day he broke up with me, and had spent the day with her.

I guess thats why I'm still bitter eight months later. Break ups aren't supposed to be this controversal... let alone if its your FIRST breakup. It's like, Dawson's Creek on crack.
    Re: worst break-up.... EVER!
    Originally posted by Tim the Enchanter
    ok so on sunday night i was lying in bed when my phone beeps twice because i've got two text messages right after each other. it was my girlfriend of two months who i was crazy about telling me i was dumped! :mad:

she waited til i'd given her the rather expensive perfume for christmas, couldn't even say it to my face or at the very least over the phone and to top it all really fucked up my christmas! :mad: :mad:

ARE YOU ACTUALLY ME?? SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME, BUT EXCHANGE PERFUME WITH FANCY NECKLACE, ITS CUS SHES A MENTALIST DUE TO HER AGE, WITHOUT BEIN BIG HEADED I THINK SHE'LL REGRET IT, AND U NEVER FORGET YOUR FIRST DO YOU? HEHE

SO I WENT OUT NEW YEARS EVE AND GOT ANOTHER GIRLS PHONE NO. WOO

COULD HAVE BEEN WORSE, DID YOURS HAVE A REASON, MINE DIDN'T. LOL