Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Bedwetting

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My 15 year old daughter has been occasionally wetting the bed within the past year. It happens about three or four times a month. I'm worried, because this just started up last year. She had entirely stopped wetting the bed when she was four, but now she's doing it again. What has happened?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    maybe shes under real stress about something. Can you talk her about most things? I think you need to have a chat to find out whats wrong
    Has something unplesant come up in her life?
    Usually there's something on mind, which gets out like this.
    I did it up to the age of 13, usually once a week. The first method of preventing bed-wetting was unsucessful. This was by making me drink less, and not being able to have any more drinks after 7pm. I go to bed at 9pm. This didn't work.

Instead, my parents made me drink more, on the theory of increasing my bladder. Esssentially, I would have to take no more trips to the toilet (or take less) in order for the theory to work. The problem was healed up after about three weeks.
    yea you could try and get her to do some PC exercises which can help control the urine flow and essentially hold it in. but then again if she is 15 she is going to be SOOO embarresed about this. but i think it is in her best interest if you talk to her about it. sometimes after someone has had a big emotional shock or is under a lot of stress they cannot control it as well.
    there maybe some stuff on her mind if she cant talk to you is their a close family friend that can?shes probably very embarressed about the whole thing,try havin a chat very casually.sometimes at an older age(sorry) theres something very wrong occured in last few months.take her out away from home & try strike up a chat involving it,or something associated with it.it might just be hormones but then im always over thinking about stuff because i used to look after kids.i had a friend who did wet her bed till well late teens.sometimes its a very weak bladder prob sometimes it stress sometimes it more.have a chat away from others with her:)