Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Magaluf

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I'm going to Maguluf in July next year with 3 mates. Just wondered what its like?How expensive is it? I've been to Ayia Napa twice and loved it does anyone know how it compares ti Magaluf?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    couldnt tell you how ayia napa compares to maguluf, but magaluf in its own right is excellent, Must visit Bananas nightclub and the famous BCM (although it was rumoured to be shutting when there two year ago). Hundreds of looky looky's though and can be a real pain, other than that nightlife great, great beach especially if go to palma nova.
    magaluf is really nice. i went there evry night. i stayed in pama nova but is wasnt that far away from magaluf. its not really expensive it depeneds where you go, but there is a good atmosphere. hope you have a good time! :)
    It is absolultely amazin
    Enjoy your time there, I'm sure you will!

May I just say something: try, even for 1 day only, to see something else on the island. Majorca about 70 by 50 miles and there are lots of things to see, and believe me amazing as you will find it compared with rainy reality at home Magaluf is still rather ugly compared with other parts of the island.

As a Spaniard I find it really sad that some people don't even go and see other beaches or areas or even try the local food. Paella is just to die for there if you go to a decent beach restaurant. When I saw all the burger bars, hot dog stands and "English food served here" signs around Magaluf I couldn't believe it.

Visit the Portals Marina (only a 10 minute bus ride away) and drool at the incredible collection of luxury yachts moored there. And if you walk past the marina you'll find Portals beach, which is very nice.

Palma itself is a nice city and has scores of late opening bars in the old quarter. And you can go to Pacha, Titos or another nightclub around there where the music might not be hard house but is still nice, and you get to see a very fit collection of ladies, both Spanish and foreigners. There is also good shopping to do and even big stores like El Corte Ingles are much cheaper than the UK.

You could rent an A-Class Mercedes for about £7 per day with Easycar to further explore. 40 minutes drive away are the mountain towns of Deia and Valdemossa- very nice. Or to the north of the island there is this massive nudist beach completely unspoiled and resort-free, if you fancy giving the old man a bit of a tan ;)

Gosh I should work for the Balearic Tourist Agency... :rolleyes: