Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

The UN is going to ask for more inspections. R we impressed?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is there a point to these inspections when the UN just found that Iraq hasn't been honest with what they've reported?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Surely that is the reason the inspections should continue....

If I raq aren't going to tell the whole truth (as expected) then we need to find it out and have proof that they are not telling the truth........
    How long should the UN keep looking? Do you agree that Saddam should prove that he no longer has the weapons?
    Like you say for the US and everyone to be satisfied it has to be conclusively proved that he does not have these weapons.

I can't put a time figure on it, the inspectors will know when the job is done, some say it could take a year..............
    You could say that. And also that the US should prove that Saddam does have WMDs before launching any attack.

Saddam's word vs the US'. Can you trust one more than the other?

Better leave it to the UN, eh?
    There's a rumor we're going to war in January. I know Hungary just approved the training of over 3,000 exiles to fight in Iraq and act as interpreters.