Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

US to Train Exiles at Hungary Camp.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
pnj - Another sign of war.

U.S. to Train Iraqi Exiles at Hungary Camp
1 hour, 23 minutes ago Add World - Reuters to My Yahoo!

BUDAPEST (Reuters) - Hungary's center-left government Wednesday approved a United States request to use a military base for training up to 3,000 Iraqi exiles to serve in a post-Saddam Hussein (news - web sites) administration.

Officials said the Iraqis would also serve as translators, interpreters and guides for any international military action against Iraq, as well as helping set up a new civil administration.

"Today, the Hungarian government gave its approval to the U.S. government's request, thereby contributing to the international fight against terrorism," spokesman Zoltan Gal told reporters.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thats what I was talking about in another thread.

Nice to see the US taking peace mooves seriously.......
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Toadborg I've come to this conclusion....just based on what I've been reading on Yahoo UK US Canada and Australia.

Bush has made up his mind that Pakistan and Saudi Arabia will eventually have militant, Muslims running their countries. Saddam is already giving money for suicide bombers to hit Isreal, he will pass on information, money and materials to Al Qaeda. So the West is going to set up this West-friendly Muslim democracy in Iraq to balance the region in the West's favor and to give a choice to Mulim militancy. And to secure needed oil supplies.

Big losers?

France and Russia cause their oil contracts will be void by the new government and the new government will be made of exiles who hate them for helping to keep Saddam in power.