Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Here's the trailer, looks fantastic don't you think?

The original film didn't do too much for me, but I absolutely loved Terminator 2 and think this one will be great too.

What's everyones views on the Terminator franchise and how do they think the new movie will be?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I love those movies. I hope this is good cause James Cameron is not involved in it.
  • Options
    Cant wait to see it, love those films! :D
  • Options
    i'm sorry, but this movie just looks so stupid. I saw the preview for it last night, and Arnold's one line.. "She'll be back."... wow, cornfest. Some people just don't know when to quit.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Sarebear246
    i'm sorry, but this movie just looks so stupid. I saw the preview for it last night, and Arnold's one line.. "She'll be back."... wow, cornfest. Some people just don't know when to quit.

Well it has been ten years or so since T2, but Arnold looks surprisingly young. And what's wrong with a little pun in the movie/trailer?

I really didn't like the original Terminator that much... well the fight scenes were good, but the rest was pretty iffy. The whole of T2 was superb though, such a brilliant film... lets hope Terminator 3 can do the same.
  • Options
    All I can say is, when I was at the movies and this preview came on, at the very end after Arnold spoke his famous line, the entire packed theatre let out a collective grown.
  • Options
    T2 was my favourite film (1992) until I discovered Mad Max in 1997. I know I was well out of date on that one. MM2 was aired on TV in Nov 1997, and it was love in first sight. It was a very low budget film, crammed with "he needs the gas"-like action. It was just (insert swear word)-brilliant!

T2 is still one of my favs though, alongside with Arnie's "The Running Man", Stallone's "The Demolition Man", and Disney's "Aladdin". Monserrat likes very unsophisticated action movies.

Ermm T3? I can't view the trailer Shukes.

It says that I need "Quick Time", but I've got the bugger installed on my machine already!
  • Options
    I love post apoclyptic films, Mad Max 2 is one of my all time faves along with the first and I also love Terminator 2.

I hope the stay true to their routes with Terminator 3, it would be very easy to just use the sucess of T2 to simply market some corny shite with the cliche complement of current film fashion.
  • Options
    I loved T1 and 2 will be interesting to see how they link this new one to the last.
    The special effects look good from that trailer, might not be worth a cinema visit but I'll definately be watching it when it comes out on general release.

:D