Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Liar!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Saddam has claimed not to have weapons of mass destruction.

IRAQ IN ‘MATERIAL BREACH’?

There has been some discussion inside the administration about immediately declaring Iraq in “material breach” of the resolution, which could provide Bush with what he considers legal justification for going to war.

Edited by me:

Back 2 me pnj -
Meantime, what I've seen on Yahoo News is the dollar way down, gold way up, more massive layoffs in the airlines, stocks down. Germany's economy a mess including the elimination of their high tech stock exchange. France and Russia resented by the people who would be in power in Iraq if Saddam is pushed out. Lot's of oil contracts will go up for bidding from a Muslim Democracy.:crazyeyes :crazyeyes :crazyeyes

Comments

• Options
    Its all a charade pnj, havent you figured that out yet?

Couched in all the serious sounding rhetoric are the facts that this has little to do with any of the reasons claimed by the Bush administration and everything to do with greed, corruption, further geo-political manipulation, and revenge from our leadership.

The fact that despite all the best efforts of the international community (at the level of the Security Council) the Bush admin still hasnt shown one shred of evidence to back their claims and prefers to hide behind the BS of protecting sources whilst demanding that they have the right to see the inspection documents first.

You should be smart enough to realise what a ruse this is and how easily Bush can claim the documents omit things when in fact he hasnt shown any evidence to support this.

Bush and his entire admin are liars, both to the world and more seriously to the American public.

Wake up and smell the propaganda already!
  • Options
    And Clandestine would have you believe he actually has a clue...:rolleyes:
  • Options
    But, you must admit I wrote a good headline for the topic. :naughty:
  • Options
    Greenhat it's in the news a lot lately that Al Qaeda in Indosnesia split into two groups. One group went to southern Thailand. They are the most radical - violent.

Has there been anything in the local papers?
  • Options
    It isn't what's in the local papers that is interesting...let's leave it at that. ;)
  • Options
    British Foreign Secretary Jack Straw says Iraq's report is an "obvious falsehood" that "will fool nobody."
  • Options
    I've got you Greenhat. It's like in America they call it the buzz on the street. or older people say the word on the street.
  • Options
    no pnj, its a more a case of greeny thinking he somehow has access to all the hidden agendas of the world. He's just a military version of our President, lots of hot air and little or no substance to back it up.

Oh and of course, the age old excuse of " national security" to avoid having to show his hand so all can see how little he actually knows or comprehends.

Not surprising really, who needs to prove the validity of their claims when they have the biggest gun on the block eh Greeny? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I appreciate everyone's opinions. I have to cut down the article, it's taking up too much space.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    no pnj, its a more a case of greeny thinking he somehow has access to all the hidden agendas of the world. He's just a military version of our President, lots of hot air and little or no substance to back it up.

Oh and of course, the age old excuse of " national security" to avoid having to show his hand so all can see how little he actually knows or comprehends.

Not surprising really, who needs to prove the validity of their claims when they have the biggest gun on the block eh Greeny? :rolleyes:

Not all the agendas, Clandestine. Just the ones that my ilk and I have to observe on a daily basis. Such as the Indonesia situation in my case.
  • Options
    France and the UN also said they lied.

The US has made a very simple, true point. Iraq claims it has destroyed 500 war heads. The US says fine, show us the field where you did that because those exploded shells would leave a lot of fragments in the ground.
  • Options
    Thats well and good, and I certainly expect Hans Blix and his team to redouble the intensity of their inspections, however, one point that never ceases to disturb me is the way in which Bush and Co. can insist that Saddam, or anyone else for that matter, show them proof of this or that, but when demanded to show this proof they have to contradict the Iraqi documents, its all blustering and excuses.

If this is the way Bush thinks he will win the credibility war with the majority of the world population, he's a bigger fool (and a far more dangerous one) than Saddam.
  • Options
    Only one country signed the ceasfire agreement saying that they would provide proof...

Also, perhaps this has gone unnoticed, but the UN weapons team is now being granted access to this evidence which you claim the US/UK doesn't have...
  • Options
    Ithought Germany and France were against this.

This is from Fox News: Britain, France, Germany begin to form military coalition against Iraq one day after U.S. declares Baghdad in 'material breach' of U.N. resolution
  • Options
    MoK, My particular view is that if such "proof" exists then the Bush administration has done itself no good in terms of credibility to bluster on about it and not bring it forward. Actually, the administration has only shared a small portion of the so called evidence with the inspectors and it will remain to be seen whether its as damning as they claim.

If youd been following some of my recent posts youd also see that claims from the US administration about "proof" of the guilt of at least one widely reported case of an Algerian man in the UK who was a pilot and who was "claimed" to be a 9/11 accomplice proved not to be any proof at all. Despite this fact and the fact that the UK authorities subsequently released him and his wife and brother, no official apology or clearing of his name was made by the authorities and now that man can no longer find employment with any airline and his life has been ruined. How many other innocents are or may yet be coming under the boot heel of the DHD and the new US police state who arent getting news coverage?

So I dont really understand why you continually choose to play the advocate for an administration who doesnt give a rat's ass who it railroads through false accusation and contrivance.

To make matters worse, even after the case was dismissed in the UK, the Bush admin has continued to pressure the UK government into extraditing this poor guy to the US to stand trial on a host of ridiculous charges like a lie about a knee injury on some application he filled out years ago.

Now you tell me whether the pattern of continual allegations for the past year made by the Bush administration and their refusal to back up such allegations with conclusive proof doesnt give some indication of the US administration's self righteous view that whatever it charges should be immediately believed (against every priniciple of "burden of proof") without question.

It seems suddenly so many both at home and over here are willing to defend such flagrant abuse of power. It's truly disturbing.

Just hope youre never alleged of some crime against the state or have your door busted in and you and your loved ones dragged out forcibly into a bloody nightmare that plays like a bad spy film.

For Lofti Raissi, its been (and will remain) all too real.

Oh and pnj, Germany will not be contributing any troops, this much they have made perfectly clear. What they will do if it comes to war, is to help monitor the airspace of Northern Iraq. If Fox News said otherwise then its full of BS.
  • Options
    Clandestine would have argued against the attacks on the heavy water works of Nazi Germany because there was no public proof that they had anything to do with weapons (and of course, without revealing the Manhatten project, there couldn't have been).

Clandestine would have claimed that the USSR obviously didn't have ballistic missiles on Cuba since the US Gov't was unwilling to release any conclusive proof.

Of course, he would have been wrong in both cases, but that doesn't seem to bother him.
  • Options
    Once again your presumtpive nature undermines your arguments entriely Greenhat.

WWII had clear moral justifications and a "clear and present danger" and in fact "prrof" of the cuban missiles was clearly shown by the Kennedy Admininistration to the UN at the time so again youre wrong.

Keep spouting off your faulty assumptions of what I would or would not support as regards the past. All that is irrelevant as concerns the present nonsense, but youre too brainwashed to serve without question to see that obviously.

Nevermind that those who protested and made every effort to unmask the systematic government lies and propoganda used to persuade our men to "do their patriotic duty" and fight the Vietnam war (against the terrible menace of "Communism") were eventually proven to be the ones in the right once the truth came out. It will be no different in the case of this administration and its lust for war.

Already its been fairly clearly shown that the invasion of Afghanistan was planned even before 9/11 and that the only sure thing it has resulted in is a return to full scale opiate production and sale to the West. Well worth risking American lives for that truth now isnt it? :rolleyes:

Seems every generation or so has to see the nation marching off to some petty war to fight an overly exaggerated boogey man so our MIC can get its unquestioned budget injection. Too bad people like you are incapable of recognising the same old game being played at the expense of our sons and daughters.
  • Options
    Once again your presumtpive nature undermines your arguments entriely Greenhat.

WWII had clear moral justifications and a "clear and present danger" and in fact "prrof" of the cuban missiles was clearly shown by the Kennedy Admininistration to the UN at the time so again youre wrong.

Guess you should go back to the history books. :lol:
  • Options
    Yes Im sure you would. :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Greenhat

Guess you should go back to the history books. :lol:

You do make me smile :)

You come on these boards, a blustering here, a blustering there, without a single shred of credible evidence to back up your blinkered, arrogant, right wing, fantastistic dream world you appear to inhabit. And when the going gets a little bit tough for you, what do you do?

You seek cover from the sort of thing a school child would utter.

"Guess you should go back to the history books."

ROTFLMAO :D

My, my, you really are a big, brave soldier. :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by osmotic

You do make me smile :)

You come on these boards, a blustering here, a blustering there, without a single shred of credible evidence to back up your blinkered, arrogant, right wing, fantastistic dream world you appear to inhabit. And when the going gets a little bit tough for you, what do you do?

You seek cover from the sort of thing a school child would utter.

"Guess you should go back to the history books."

ROTFLMAO :D

My, my, you really are a big, brave soldier. :lol:

Of course, you choose what is credible evidence, don't you? The actual actions of Saddam Hussein for the past 11 years don't count, do they?

Pointing out evidence to Clandestine doesn't do any good. He only is interested in what supports his view, as his ignoring Noam Chomsky's actual credentials illustrates. Sounds like you are cut from the same cloth.

Sorry boys, but not everyone in the world is interested in listening to your malarky, nor will they wring their hands on the plight of the "classes". Sometimes it is necessary for someone to take action and apply force to a situation. You may not like it, you can bitch about it all you want, but those who are willing to do so, and those who have done so in the past are the reason you can bitch.
  • Options
    Ah yes, Greenhat appears once again to make idiotic points about Saddam as the end all and be all of proof for his ludicrous vision of the righteousness a violent and hegemonic US right-wing "big business" controlled administration's war-mongering.

Then, he would, since he serves the beast without question and without recourse to the actual historical context he demands others go and look up.

Sad to say for you Greeny, the history of our dealings with Iraq are well known. Perhaps not by you since the extent of your "historical" analysis is what CNN and the DoD choose to feed you and those other little mindless tin soldiers like you.

Nevermind that the previous Bush once helped install puppet regimes such as Saddam, or that the Bush family links to Bin Laden run deep, or that the CIA trained and set loose upon the world menaces like the Taliban as well as an innumerable host of insurgent and extremist groups intended to oust regimes that refused to sing whatever tune we chose and all with the massive support of its ties to international drug production and distibution. Notice how quickly the Afghan poppy industry has returned to full flower without the slightest peep from the Bush administration. Im sure most American parents would love to know that their sons and daughters risked their lives to fight for that! :rolleyes

Just like the type of reporting one can expect from CNN, full of comments and "historical" remarks ripped from their larger context (i.e, that of full US collusion and financial as well as military support), Greenhat is just another programmed propaganda tool for a corrupt and inscrupulous power elite which brainwashes young American kids to think dying for their grubby economic interests is "patriotic".

On this early Christmas morn, I extend my pity to you and those who serve under you for your collective ignorance and blind unquestioning adherence to the Bush doctrine, which is far more a threat to the long term peace and security of this planet than your favourite "boogey man" could ever hope to be.

In the past 11 years, little man, Saddam has been nothing more than a half rate isolated little regional nusance, nothing more. But then given the fact that "military intelligence" truly is an oxymoron, you go right on believing the rhetoric and lies coming out of the mouths of your political masters!
  • Options
    ...as his ignoring Noam Chomsky's actual credentials illustrates.

What the F**k are you going on about :confused:

Plot lost?
  • Options
    I want to have osmotic's babies

Love you to bits baby ;)

Merry Christmas Greenhat.

smoochy smoochy xxx

Love you :)
  • Options
    Osmotic, don't worry about it. Greenhat thinks he has scored intellectual points because of a previous argument over the credentials of Noam Chomsky vis a vis his criticisms of the Bush Administration and the hypocritical nature of US foreign policy as dictated by the Military Industrial Complex. Simply because Chomsky is a professor of linguistics and not of political science, Greenhat seems convinced that there could be no credibility to his research.

He's wrong of course, but as a programmed pit bull for the MIC and its political overseers, I would never expect him to be capable of seeking out the true interests he and those like him are asked to put their lives on the line for. Let him continue to think he's protecting my nation, at least it helps him sleep at night.
  • Options
    Has greenhat actually ever been in the army?

I'll bet that he was one of them draft dodgers what got to power on da backs of the decent peoples of the United States.

Ya know?

The Bushbots are all around us Clandestine.

Lets have some fun :D
  • Options
    No, he's definitely a good little military pitbull sworn to serve and obey and further the power base of our corrupt government without question. Got the finest programming our American tax dollars can pay for. Well, those tax dollars that arent being funnelled into Bush & Co's personal bank accounts.
  • Options
    Working for the Bush/Bin Laden Foundation are we greenhat?

:D
  • Options
    No, he's definitely a good little military pitbull sworn to serve and obey and further the power base of our corrupt government without question. Got the finest programming our American tax dollars can pay for. Well, those tax dollars that arent being funnelled into Bush & Co's personal bank accounts.

YOU MAKE ME SICK!! You can dog Bush, you can dog our countries foreign policy, but when you go after the men and women of the U.S. Armed Forces you have went to far!!! You have shown that you know next to nothing about the military and how it MUST operate. Military personnel are the last people to want a war. Politicians, Republican and Democrats are the ones to start them. Our blood finishes them. You can talk all the smack that you want, but unless your willing to enlist and stand a post keep your stupid opinions about military personnel out of your replies.

Democracy has a taste the protected will never know.
  • Options
    Actually hk, if that be the case then why do our armed services so readily acquiesce to blatantly unethical and corrupt actions on behalf of said corrupt politicians. Sorry but the whole readiness to serve "authority" without question as the end all and be all of patriotism no longer holds water.

The theatres of conflict today are no longer the noble venues of righteous defence of freedom and democracy (as the spin goes) that characterised our fighting men of yore im afraid.

What we have now is a breed of trained attack dogs who's sole purpose is to defend corrupt multinational business interests and the politicians who are paid off by them. It has little or nothing to do with America as a nation. Unfortunately those so gung ho to enlist or who enlist hoping to get a decent education or valuable training that can earn them something later in civilian life are fed this right-wing "patriotic" BS and lead to believe that they are defending our freedom against truly evil enemies. Just isnt the case any longer pal, in most cases our own military and what it is used for and the wars it is sent to fight are part of the greater evil for countless of innocent millions who are little more than economic fodder for a merciless and ravenous corporate machine.

If you opened your eyes and stopped waving the flag and downing your six pack long enough you might bother learning just how how much evil Washington itself is purveying around the globe with such "patriots", aided by our MIC, clearing the way.

The day our soldiers turn around and tell people like Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, and Richard Perle (perhaps more so than the others) etc.. to go feck themselves and refuse to be used as coporate lackies is the day ill concede that they truly have collectively regained their nobility.

Until then, ill respect an individual, serviceman or otherwise, based on his individual character and intelligence but as a whole our armed services have shown how ready they are to help install a right wing vision of American economic expansionism regardless of who it has to kill or subjugate to make it so.

If that upsets you, tough. The truth isnt always what people want to hear.