Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Managing Anger

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok for several reasns i have a lot of anger built up inside me, it tends to be coming out in all ways, eg: shouting at fiance, hurting myself (i mean punching my legs or whatever) or just generally being a bitch. I dont want this!!:(
Thing is ive never been so angry & i want to learn to control it, has anyone ever had Anger management & was it any good?
Ive asked my doctor for that or councilling or both but he never seems to do anything.
Should he not be refering me rather than just sticking me on prozac & getting worse?

Any hints/tips helpfull.

Comments

• Options
    Go to kick boxing classes or something. Beat the shit out of a punch bag. It works.
  • Options
    aarrrggghhhh???

he put you on prozac???

that increases anger.... agression is even listed as a side effect!

:eek:
  • Options
    I've personally never been to anger management but they run counselling classes at a lot of the schools that we go on placements in (nice I know!!). I've seen the effect of these classes on some of the more 'angry' kids and it really does seem to do the trick. I would keep on at your doctor about it if I were you or seek out some help yourself ... it's not only your doctor that can put you in touch with a counsellor you know! Local churches and councils can also give you advice in this area. And remember, if you can't find anyone else to take it out on, there's always us lot on here!!

xxx
  • Options
    Originally posted by Loopi
    I've personally never been to anger management but they run counselling classes at a lot of the schools that we go on placements in (nice I know!!). I've seen the effect of these classes on some of the more 'angry' kids and it really does seem to do the trick. I would keep on at your doctor about it if I were you or seek out some help yourself ... it's not only your doctor that can put you in touch with a counsellor you know! Local churches and councils can also give you advice in this area. And remember, if you can't find anyone else to take it out on, there's always us lot on here!!

xxx

Thanks :D got a stress ball which i dont think will last long the moods i get in but hey...lol
    Got the docs today, so see what happens this time.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Kickboxing or going to the gym works for me.
  • Options
    Stress balls always make me more stressed; they don't smash/break/make a noise when u throw them :(:naughty:
  • Options
    i sound so similar for over 10 years of rage inside me, i boxed, kickboxed and weight trained, all very well but when i let loose i hurt and angered a lot of people at times, now i seeked counselling which was very hard, but after only a few weeks i feel better about myself.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Luce
    Stress balls always make me more stressed; they don't smash/break/make a noise when u throw them :(:naughty:

i broke one once, but they dont do it for me. i used to go outside with a cricket bat and attack the lawn. in the end i stopped but the pent up anger does really get to me nowadays and i just start rocking forward and back like a crazy person lol all my friends have noticed this now. I want to find something private i can take my anger out with, don't want to go to a kickboxing club or anything.....
  • Options
    i take it out on myself....not advised.
    xxx
  • Options
    Go back to the doctors and if you can see another doctor tell them the prozac isn’t working and it’s only making you worse. If you want more info on prozac http://www.thesite.org.uk/magazine/specials_mental_health/depression/prozac.html of if the doctors don’t come through then try visiting http://www.samaritans.org.uk/ or call the samaitans on 08457 90 90 90 their be able to give you the advice you need