Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Stressed before XMas

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi People,

Just after some advice.

I've been at my work place for around 3 years now, I've always had a fairly good relationship with my boss.

I know deep down that i've always under performed at my 'office manager' role and should really be alot more pro-active in the office on daily basis.

My biggest problem at work in the last few years is that I've kept things from my boss if i was unsure of what to do, the main reason behind this is that he has a very short temper and I hate confrontation, hence I keep things from him.

Within the last 2 months the company hasn't been making enough profit, and the boss has been in the office alot more and checking peoples work, which obviously means he discovers things that I havent done for whatever reason.

He has been very quiet with me and I made the worst possible mistake on Thurdsay of last week, he asked me to do something before we left, I totally forgot and when him asking on the way out had I done it, i responded "Yeah course" thinking i'll just do it tomrorrow, he then checks it in the morning and sees I havent done it, he wasnt very happy.

This morning when he took me to work he questioned a few bitz of my work which I said I'd look into and then we didnt speak the rest of the journey.

I know I can do the job with my eyes just to be honest and have learnt from my mistakes, but I think it could be to late. My boss isn't best pleased with me at all and I reckon he is seriously thinking of shipping me out.

With XMas coming up I dont really want to be worrying if I have a job after the holiday, any advice?

Comments

• Options
    I can see that lying to your boss wouldnt go down too well, especially if its not just a one off and he knows you are generally unreliable. maybe you should apologise to him and just hope to god he gives you a 2nd chance. If he does, thenyou need to look at changing your ways.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    I can see that lying to your boss wouldnt go down too well, especially if its not just a one off and he knows you are generally unreliable. maybe you should apologise to him and just hope to god he gives you a 2nd chance. If he does, thenyou need to look at changing your ways.

Iagree