Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Underage people!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Do you reckon that bouncers know that they let under age people into clubs? being mates with one i know that he said that he lets the lasses (young looking ones) in on the basis that they are pretty, so men buy them drinks and stuff thus promoting business, weird...
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sometimes they do know yes, and you've pretty much hit the nail on the head, thats why its easier for female underagers than it is for males. After all it makes common sense, if the clubs making money then the club is happy... of course if you asked the club on its stance on underages then they would disagree and say they ID everyone.. ;):p
    It really just depends. Most of the bouncers are very much aware if they are letting underagers in. It is about getting pretty lasses in the club and making a profit. To be honest if they don't know someone is underage then they are a bit dumb.
    The bars/clubs I go to know that me and my friends are all underage, but they let us in every week. It might have to do with the pretty thing you're all talking about, but the nights we go are Ladies Nights, so we get free drinks anyhow... guys wouldn't buy us drinks when we get them for free, you know? Maybe there is more to it. *shrug*
    im underage and i go clubbing, most of the bouncers and people that work in the clubs know how old i am, i asked why they still let me in and the bouncer said it was because they knew that i wasnt going to cause trouble and, i looked old enough.

I personally think its how you look, younger girls tend to make the mistake of dressing like barbie's which makes them stand out in the crowd. Also, its to do with the way you act, if youR confident enough then your age wont show so much.

Hope to help :)
    Being 5'1 and looking about 12, I really don't have much chance of getting in anywhere quite yet. Gah, I'm nearly 17 too =/
    Thankyou, that has helped me understand! i'm only about 5'3 but i do act and look older than my years and the bouncers that i know think i am eighteen! hey ho..
    Ciao y'all
    Pussy Katty said in the DNA thread that security rejected her because of her 5"1' height. Being aged 24 and 5"4', I bring a passport with me in case the doormen questioned me. I suggest it to PK and to anyone who looks young. When I was 20, I got half fare on the busses!
    I think it's easier for girls to get in underage than it is for the guys. Girls can pad themself's out, and wear a short dress and do there hair/make-up to make them look older. It's a bit harder for a guy to do so though. I also think that it's harder for bouncers to tell who over age and who is underage, especially when it comes to the guys.
    I'm only 15 and first went to a nightclub when I was 13, since then I've been turned back 4 times, twice for being to drunk, once for being on E's, and once because they didn't think I was old enough. If you walk in with a guy on your arm they don't normally ask to many questions' though the guy normally gets nudge and asked 'how can he pull someone so much younger than himself?'
    The best bet is to go in a group and pair up with a guy/girl (depending on your own sex) and you'll find it easier to get in that way.

CLUB ON........
    I tend to find that bouncers tend to ask for ID once you have turned 18 and have forgotton to bring it out with you. I've been going to clubs since I was 16 and the first time I got asked for ID was when I was 19. Crazy. I always thought I had an advantage when I was younger as I'm 5'11.
    Not sure where you got the idea I was thrown out of DNA for being underage, for a start I am 20, and I was thrown out for an entirely different reason. I'm only 5"2 yeh but I do wear big heels, and I went clubbing from the age of 14, was only ever asked for ID a few times in my whole life. Of course the bouncers know, but money is money and they can't turn down all that business.
    Yeah they do know that they are lettin under agers in. Iam 18 and go to a club in plymouth called the millenium complex. The bouncers there basically just let ne body in wether they are under 18 or not. My mates come with me and they are not 18 they are all 16 and 17
    im underage and ive been clubbling for two years over plymouth and since i was 14 down the local pubs and clubs. its brilliant looking older than you are.
    I'm 16 - I recently started going to clubs...

Just get two forms of OK fake ID and then scan your passport and change the numbers...

They won't argue with two IDs and a photocopied passport... just say that its off getting a VIZA...

Works (almost) every time...

Good Luck
    I've been going to clubs since i was just turned 17 and i'm very nearly 18 now. I haven't been asked for ID much at all and at some clubs i've had affairs with bouncers. There is this one pub i go to that all the bouncers know me and think i'm 19 but on my 18th birthday i'm gonna go there and say "its my birthday, guess how old i am...18!" hahaha! Do you reckon they can ban me for that even if i am 18 by then?

One club the bouncer knew my age but he let me in anyway cos he was a friend.
    I think it depends greatly on the club and how full they are that night, clubbing numbers are going down at the moment so I'm guessing a lot of places are glad to have people through the door.
    I've been going to clubs since i was 17. The prob is i looked liked a 17 year old lad, sorted myself out with a fake ID, got ID once i think in a whole year. Now im 18 i get ID all the bloody time, jus how it goes innit. Clubs want money, so if they let good looking girls in, that'll bring in the lads, more money for them, simple. Im mean, you ever seen a gud lookih girl get ID'd?
    Thanks!:rolleyes:
    Well I'm 17 and I've been out clubbin' since I was 16... its been a year now... and I think I've been ID'ed 3 times.

Just desperate for the money, eh?
    Re: Underage people!
    Originally posted by TheFeistyExpert
    Do you reckon that bouncers know that they let under age people into clubs? being mates with one i know that he said that he lets the lasses (young looking ones) in on the basis that they are pretty, so men buy them drinks and stuff thus promoting business, weird...

Around where i live they let pretty much anyone in, mostly young girls, a few of my mates are bouncers and yeah they don't really care, and they get the young chicks chasin them when they let them in

Kally
    That is the best thing about SA, our clubs are reallly strict!!!!!!!!

You have to produce ID no matter how old you are!!!
    General age limit is 18, good clubs - 21 and upmarket clubs 25!!!

It creates a nice vibe in the club--- you know that you are amongst your peers, and don't have to worry about some kids father coming and crahing the party!!!!

Quick Q - Do you folks have ID ???? if not what do you use???
    No ID needed, I'm an old git who's been clubbing for the last 8-9 years.
    Hey...

I really want to tell the bouncers that I'm 18 on my next birthday... but seriously, most bouncers will ban you - for taking the piss out of them really! Depends how wel you get on with them... but don't always depend on friendliness, at the end of the day its their job to keep underage people put and they wont be pleased if we've all been taking the piss!!!

I decided I'm just going to go somewhere totally different on my 18th... if I get ID'ed then it's all gravy!!! lol I'm in :)

PS I'm actually writing this while pissed out of my teeth - illegally lol ;)
    Of course Bouncers know, it's too obvious. But also the way the young un's congregate in one pub in a town followed by one of the clubs. The ones which aren't strict are known. It's like the other week when I was out on the town, went in one pub and it was full of people between about the ages of 12 -15, it wasn't like they were even trying to disguise the fact either.

One of the clubs in the area, me and my mates had gone to since we were about 14, none of us, guys included had any troubles getting in, but as soon as we turned 18, people started getting asked for id or turned away. It was really annoying.

The embarrasing thing is, I've only been asked for ID once in my life and that was at a bowling alley when I was 20. :eek:
    I go to the same club every friday, and every week (even though they know me) they ask me for my ID and i dont give them a fake.
    My ID says im 17 and as long as im with a pretty girl (or even an average one) they let me in anyway
    Well your bouncers are a bit stupid.
    Closing this now - it's really old!
This discussion has been closed.