Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

I'm LATE!?!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, I first had sex for the first time about a month ago (I won't bore you with date's and details) anyway my period was due a few days ago and as yet it has not come.
I'm really worried that I may be pregnant! We did use protection, but I'm now wondering if it has ripped or something has went wrong. I would ruin my mum's life if i turned out to be pregnant - I'm only 15! I don't know what I would do, wether I would keep it or not. I'm about to sit my exams and I'm really mixed up and confused!
If any of you have advice etc it would all be great. I know I'm underage etc but I was ready and do know all bout protection. Anyway,
Thanx in advance xx

Comments

• Options
    Take a pregnancy test and see what it tells you!

Better finding out sooner than later! :)
  • Options
    Take a test as Mad said, but try not to worry as well. Worry and anxiety can cause you to be late anyways, the likely hood is that you'll be ok. Sex can change your hormone balances and so can make you late anyway.

you aren't very late yet, so try not to worry. I know it's easier said than done. I've been there plenty of times myself. Do a test and then worry about consequences afterwards.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kazbo
    Take a test as Mad said, but try not to worry as well. Worry and anxiety can cause you to be late anyways, the likely hood is that you'll be ok. Sex can change your hormone balances and so can make you late anyway.

you aren't very late yet, so try not to worry. I know it's easier said than done. I've been there plenty of times myself. Do a test and then worry about consequences afterwards.

Can I say, I'm amazed...

Sound advice! :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by *MadinthenuT*

Can I say, I'm amazed...

Sound advice! :)

Well thanking you. See I do have a serious side really. :)
  • Options
    Just be calm. Getting all worked up will not do your body the world of good. If its still not here in a couple of days then take a pregancy test. Remember those things aren't too reliable so if you're still not sure get a blood test from the doctors.
  • Options
    Re: I'm LATE!?!
    Originally posted by LittleOldMe
    I would ruin my mum's life if i turned out to be pregnant - I'm only 15! I
    If you are pregnant you need to have a more selfish attitude than that!!!

Like everyone said though, it may just be that the worry has caused you to be a bit late. Wait a few days and see.
  • Options
    am I pregnant?

It is always best to do a test if you think you could be pregnant...

Susie :)