Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Grammar essay?!?! What's that?!?!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Ok, I'm doing Grammar at uni this year, and I have NO CLUE WHAT TO WRITE.... I'm doign the question 'Regular verbs all have the same characteristics, but irregular verbs are of many different types. Discuss critically.' Now, I know it's a long shot, but has ANYONE ever done an essay on grammar, is anybody a closet grammarian, can anybody tell me how I'm supposed to get 2000 words on this?!?! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Well I am doing A-level English Language at the mo and I still don't know what grammar is :eek: so I'm sowwie I can't help u! Good luck!! :lol::)
  • Options
    *Points and giggles*
  • Options
    Ok, you should get your arse to the library!
    How about you start off defining regualr and irregular verbs, and give some examples of them (one paragraph evoted to each)

You could then discuss some of the theories put forward in the books you get from the library!
  • Options
    One grammar tip might be to use ?!?! slightly less.

Other than that I don't really know. Sorry matey :)
  • Options
    I don't know a tremendous amount about grammar and suspect it's too late for you to use this info now anyway, but even though 'irregular' verbs don't follow the pattern of 'regular' ones, there is still an order and structure to them, if you can find it.