Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

nervous nervous nervous nervous

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok. so soon (ok, maybe i think too far into the future) but next semester, which starts january i took a class. i need this class for graduation and there is only one person that teaches it. so i'm stuck with them.
but... (there is always a but)
i have some issues with this patuclar man. and i'm just really scared and nervous to have to see him every other day. i don't know what to do! any advice? should i just pretend nothing or what?

Comments

• Options
    Poppet, you say you have issues with this guy, well we really need to know what they are. Wether he's a dirty old git who's made passes at you, a smelly git who doesn't wash regularly, or someone you got a major crush on. I don't think anyone can give you any useful advice unless you tell us why there's a problem with this guy.
  • Options
    i accidently slept with him.
  • Options
    I am a little bit tipsy, but as you're my mate i won't go into your use of the word accidently:) Well what can i say? Have you had any courses/lessons with this guy since said romantic encounter? If you haven't then i'd say give it a try 1st. He may well be professional enough and let it lie, in which case all well and good. Oh, i am assuming that the sexy sexy was something you both agreed on and wasn't something you were pressured into.
  • Options
    i had one more day of class with him after that and there were some ackward-ness going on, luckyly i only had to write an essay and leave- which is exatly what i did, not one word said. havn't seen him since. think it'll all be good?

now can i have some of your nice alcohol?
  • Options
    Am i the only person who sees the blindingly obvious answer to this question?

This guy is a teacher and shouldn't be having relations with students? Its worth his job right? Blackmail him into passing you without you needing to go to class and bingo, extra free time for other lessons.

:)
  • Options
    :eek: You sh@gged your lecturer?!??!?! :crazyeyes :eek2: :eek:
  • Options
    Blackmail is good!
    But only if your willing to go through with it- and who else knows?
    Hey sex is sex- in any shape of form!
    Live life with no regrets- learn from them or use them to your advantage
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name

What happened? Did you slip and fall on it?
  • Options
    Originally posted by KinkyRed

What happened? Did you slip and fall on it?

I wonder why so many euphimisms (sp?) are used all of the time. Although there is nothing quite as funny as a funny euphimism!

Any my advice to you is to not blackmail him (perhaps you should but im just too angelic?) but to try and get the best out your lessons. If it was all awkward in the end you will have to get to a stage where you can actually talk to him. Perhaps the sooner the better. Or you could report him and hope they get a replacement teacher?
  • Options
    thank you thank you. though i can't really black-mail him considering it was my fault... i slipped and fell.
  • Options
    thank you thank you. though i can't really black-mail him considering it was my fault... i slipped and fell.

Ahh but no one else needs to know that do they? Say he abused his position of authority to seduce an innocent student.

Works every time ;)
  • Options
    I cant beleive that people think its ok for a teacher to abuse his authority:mad:

dont blackmail the bastard.........SHOP him
  • Options
    *giggles* Jon_UK's av :thumb:

just give it a go, see how it goes...if it doesn't work out then...tough shite? maybe the laws are different across the pond. how old are you? if you can both legally shag then why ould it be any differnt than having to go work with someone you slipped onto. moo. my views are proably a bit screwed as i come into contact with people who i've been *pushed* onto pretty much daily. i see no biggie problem. s'all in the past, and life goes on dude...

[/hippie]
  • Options

How was it your fault? As other people have noted, he abused his position of authority. Even if you had feelings for him, love, lust whatever, he should not have taken advantage of you.

He should have known better. If anybody is feeling nervous, it should be him. You have the power, not him.
  • Options
    A teacher is not supposed to sleep with the students. End of story. He knows that too. It probably will be akward, but you shouldn't feel as though he has any power over you because of you sleeping with him. It's quite the opposite in fact.
  • Options
    Originally posted by evilemsie

maybe the laws are different across the pond. how old are you?
    [/hippie]

Emsie he is a teacher, teachers DO NOT abuse the trust of pupils. Regardless of how old she is, he could be sacked on the spot, its wrong and he shouldnt have done it.
  • Options
    this may seem a stupid question but did you know he was a teacher and did he know you were a student when it happened. im asking because in your original post it makes me think you werent actually taught by him when it happened. so if neither of you knew and it was like a 1 night stand then u were both shocked when u walked in class then thats a different circumstance i think.....
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    this may seem a stupid question but did you know he was a teacher and did he know you were a student when it happened. im asking because in your original post it makes me think you werent actually taught by him when it happened. so if neither of you knew and it was like a 1 night stand then u were both shocked when u walked in class then thats a different circumstance i think.....

yeah, that's what i thought too dude....but....i'm just gonna get shot or hate mail if i say what i reckon now so...i won't
  • Options
    Originally posted by evilemsie
    *giggles* Jon_UK's av :thumb:

I know how cool is it *points to sig* am gonna go through all his quotes :)
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    I cant beleive that people think its ok for a teacher to abuse his authority

dont blackmail the bastard.........SHOP him

Emsie he is a teacher, teachers DO NOT abuse the trust of pupils. Regardless of how old she is, he could be sacked on the spot, its wrong and he shouldnt have done it.

Ok i thought it was fairly clear that i was joking but anywho. As to abusing a students trust for all we know my_name might have gotten him drunk and seduced him (i don't think you did by the way my_name ;) ). At the end of the day my_name doesn't exactly seem traumatised by the event just embaressed at the thought of going to the class he is teaching. Is it worth ruining someone's career over something that was, at the end of the day, just sex between to consenting adults?

Actually, thinking about it, i agree with ya Becks but it is always good to look at both sides of the argument. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jon_UK

Is it worth ruining someone's career over something that was, at the end of the day, just sex between to consenting adults?

Actually, thinking about it, i agree with ya Becks but it is always good to look at both sides of the argument. :)

Regardless of age he being the teacher should not have made any sexual advances to a pupil.
    How I see it regardless of wether My_Name is embarrased or whatever he was in the wrong (thats if he knew she was a pupil) he abused his authority.

So yes shop the bastard.
  • Options
    I say run and don't look back. Seriously. There's gotta be another school close enough somewhere to take the class if you need it that badly. Or some other class that will give you equivalent credit.
    If you take that class, regardless of who is "standing on the higher ground", you'll spend the whole semester causing yourself psychological torture. I mean if you're serious about doing well in the class, you'll be asking yourself with every assignment, every test, "will our encounter effect the way he grades this?" Why chain yourself to the back of a moving race car like that? You will be dragging your feet through a WHOLE SEMESTER for god's sake!!!
    Oh I dunno what the hell. Maybe I've just been doing too much homework lately.
    Shit, though. That's some jam you're in. I feel for ya, babe.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jon_UK

I know how cool is it *points to sig* am gonna go through all his quotes :)

Ok i thought it was fairly clear that i was joking but anywho. As to abusing a students trust for all we know my_name might have gotten him drunk and seduced him (i don't think you did by the way my_name ;) ). At the end of the day my_name doesn't exactly seem traumatised by the event just embaressed at the thought of going to the class he is teaching. Is it worth ruining someone's career over something that was, at the end of the day, just sex between to consenting adults?

My fav is "We'll stay up late, swapping manly stories, and in the morning - I'm making waffles :D "

Ahem. Thank Mr UK for getting my point across, it's pretty much what I was gonna say. But didn't, cos I'm a dumbass.
    But PositivePain has a good point about the worries over your grades, and I'd be more concerned about that that any sexual tension or awkwardness.
  • Options
    ROFL That reiminds me of an ex work collegue who recently told me she had made a big mistake by "Accidentally" slept with her boss. It was hard not to laugh at the word "Accidentally" :D

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    so what do you call it when you accidently sleep with somebody?
  • Options
    I don't call it anything, because you can't "accidentally" sleep with someone. You can accidentally step on someone's foot, accidentally trip someone up, but accidentally sleep with someone? Come on. I haven't accidentally slept with someone. I've deliberately slept with people. Maybe a little alcohol was involved which clouded my judgement, but at the time it was deliberate. Maybe one or two of them weren't a good idea when looking back, but they weren't accidents.

Mr_Wobble ;)