Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

flashbacks

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
yeah so, i had my first flashback. it wasnt anything scary or anything bad, but took me a little by suprise.

it was a couple of weeks ago now but the guy talking about hash flashbacks reminded me...

i was walking my dogs with my mum in a countryside type area where i live. all of my trips have ended up with me going on very long walks in wooded type areas very similar to this place.....
this was about 2 weeks after the last time i tripped and i wasnt expecting it.... i was just having a normal conversation staring at the floor walking along as you do, and suddenly everything started getting bigger and smaller, you know, how it does when your tripping...... nothing was staying still and the trees seamed to be expanding and staying the same size at the same time, just like they had been last time i tripped.....
this lasted for 30 seconds and i just about managed to hold a normal conversation at the same time without arrousing suspicion, but i was quite suprised by it all...... it just went away by itself very fast but yeah..... i wasnt expecting that.....

it wasnt scary at all and afterwards i just thought "well, if you pump yourself full of chemicals stuff like this is bound to happen from time to time...... ce la vie...... " kind of thing and forgot about it......

but yeah, up till then i thought it was all just a myth about flashbacks.... apparently not.

that is all.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Wud that not be really scary because of everything moving like that all around u.Trees and stuff.
    I wouldnt really think it has much to do with the drugs themselves, although I dont know how many you use.

Its similar to if you get run over by a car, its a vivid memory, then when you return to the same spot your mind replays a bit of its memory for you, god knows why though.
    yeah no im not saying that the drugs were staying in my system or whatever, and i dont use anything other than pot very often at all, i mean i probably do mushrooms or pills about once a month or something like that, im certainly not a heavy user.

but this wasnt exactly like a memory replay flashback kind of thing, i mean for 30 seconds, i was tripping. properly full on tripping. but then it went away again very fast and hasnt come back since.

oh well, what are you gonna do, i guess its like a little freebie... just didnt come at the most convenient time.
    What I ment was that the trip may well have left you with a strong impression, not really a memory as such but similar, a flashback is very similar to recounting a very memorable event. Just with more colours/visuals.
    I know exactly what you mean. I used to do a little 'cid back in the day, and my favorite thing was when pictures came alive. I had a Monet print of a bridge over a creek all in green that would do this, like with the leaves swaying in the breaze and such. Anyway, I had 2 particular flashbacks by looking at that print when I was clean and it would come alive again for moment or two. Hasn't happened again in a loooooong time though...