Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I Feel Inferior

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've never been round my boyf's house, but most of my mates have. They've all described it to me, and it sounds like a mansion. He lives in the middle of no-where, and has a HUGE expensive house with a swimming pool.
Whereas my family, rent a tiny council house in the middle of an estate.
I'm worried that when we finally go round each others house, one of us is gonna feel either inferior (me) or embarrassed (him) by our houses.
Help! SweetLeaf X :(

Comments

• Options
    how old r you and how long have you been with him? Dont ever be ashamed of where you grew up, my brother grew up on a council estate and is now currently in america after getting a degree. His job is selling material to designers like Calvin Klein, Dolce and Gabbana etc. He goes to posh dinner parties and shares lifts with people like Denzel Washington!!!

Dont be ashamed! Besides, if you are one day gonna marry into money its always handy isnt it!!! =D (IM JOKING TO ALL THOSE PEOPLE THAT CALL ME A SPONGER!!!!!!!!!!)

lmao *sigh*
  • Options
    Re: I Feel Inferior
    Originally posted by SweetLeaf
    I've never been round my boyf's house, but most of my mates have. They've all described it to me, and it sounds like a mansion. He lives in the middle of no-where, and has a HUGE expensive house with a swimming pool.
    Whereas my family, rent a tiny council house in the middle of an estate.
    I'm worried that when we finally go round each others house, one of us is gonna feel either inferior (me) or embarrassed (him) by our houses.
    Help! SweetLeaf X :(

Where abouts in Cornwall do you live?
  • Options
    well you cant really stop seeing your boyfriend over this can you? i dont care whether my gf livedin a french castle (better construction) or a small subground shelter. all i care about is her, not where she lives (tho the fact its only a 5 minutes walk away is quite convenient)

dont worry about it to much, cos i dont. see, my gf lives in a bungalow with an attic conversation and i think its great! even if it is a great big walloping mansion in the country i wouldnt worry about it to muich they aint that great :P
  • Options
    Re: I Feel Inferior
    Originally posted by SweetLeaf
    ...I'm worried that when we finally go round each others house, one of us is gonna feel either inferior (me) or embarrassed (him) by our houses.

If he is a decent guy he wont judge you on your families wealth, and you shouldnt do the same to him. Just go round and enjoy yourself :)
  • Options
    Re: Re: I Feel Inferior
    Originally posted by Apestyler

If he is a decent guy he wont judge you on your families wealth, and you shouldnt do the same to him. Just go round and enjoy yourself :)

Hear hear!

Don't let it get in the way of your relationship - what matters is the people, not their material possessions.

...anyway, feel lucky you've landed yourself a rich boyfriend ;)
  • Options
    Are you sure you're not going out with my boyfriend?! Mine also lives in a huge mansion type thingy, his family are MEGA rich where as my family are like not exactly struggling, I'll say comfortable. Not rich exactly. Middle. He wont judge you if he really likes you. :)
  • Options
    Lol, nah i just think we have similar boyfriends! lol typical!
    haha
    SweetLeaf X